Galaxy S9+ "U1" not compatible with Xfinity Mobile?

Hello LTT Forums! My family changed service providers from T-Mobile to Xfinity Mobile, but when I tried to use my S9+ (purchased from Amazon as "factory unlocked" with Amazon as the seller), my IMEI comes up as incompatible. I was told it had to do with 3G or something by the rep, but their forums said that they do not accept any models with "U1" at the end. Is there anyone here who is knowledgeable in the field that can help me understand what is the truth? From what I understand, my S9+ is 4G LTE capable and is no different physically than any other S9+ sold by Xfinity or Verizon.

Also, if I take my activated SIM from my new iPhone 7 and put it into my Galaxy S9+, will it work fine or will there be any issues? I was told by one rep that both phones would brick, and another told me that the quality on my S9+ would be lower than standard. I know this is the ultimate first world problem, but I saved up for the S9+ and I am really attatched to it. 

I appreciate any help and can offer any additional information as needed. Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Vishnu_ said:

Hello LTT Forums! My family changed service providers from T-Mobile to Xfinity Mobile, but when I tried to use my S9+ (purchased from Amazon as "factory unlocked" with Amazon as the seller), my IMEI comes up as incompatible. I was told it had to do with 3G or something by the rep, but their forums said that they do not accept any models with "U1" at the end. Is there anyone here who is knowledgeable in the field that can help me understand what is the truth? From what I understand, my S9+ is 4G LTE capable and is no different physically than any other S9+ sold by Xfinity or Verizon.

Also, if I take my activated SIM from my new iPhone 7 and put it into my Galaxy S9+, will it work fine or will there be any issues? I was told by one rep that both phones would brick, and another told me that the quality on my S9+ would be lower than standard. I know this is the ultimate first world problem, but I saved up for the S9+ and I am really attatched to it. 

I appreciate any help and can offer any additional information as needed. Thank you.

Chances are your particular model is missing 1 or more of the required 3G, 4G, or LTE bands required by the cellular provider. It's like that here in Canada with some of the smaller sister providers, as they don't always support all the same cellular bands that the larger 3 providers do. I don't live in the states, so you'll need to contact Xfinity for more information as to why the phone is incompatible with their network.

SM-G965U specs & cellular bands - https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s9+-8967.php

SM-G965U1 specs & cellular bands - https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s9-plus-us-unlocked/specs/SM-G965U1/

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Thank you kirashi for the links! I have tried with several different Xfinity personnel to explain this, but the links you have provided have been a bigger help to me than anything they have told me. I can see some bands missing, so I think that explains it.

EDIT: It looks like I am missing B46 and i think CAT9. Link to Xfinity's phone: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/shop/phone/galaxy-s9ssplus-samsung?colorName=Coral Blue

Thank you again for the links! I did not think that buying an unlocked phone would make a difference, nor did I think to look at the network bands. 

Edited by Vishnu_