What Cpu For A Budget Build? (intel Or Amd)

I am building a few $600 gaming computers for my friends and I am not sure what CPU and MB to get. I need a 7870 or greater amd card because I am going to mine out Bitcoins to pay back for the machines.

Here are the specs:

Video Card: Radeon 7870

Memory: 2x4GB CL9 1600Mhz

Storage: WD 1TB Cavear Blue

PSU: Corsair Builder 430W

Optical Drive: N/A

Case: Fractal Design Core 1000

Other Questions:

Should I go with an aftermarket cooler? Which One?

Should I go Windows 7 or Windows 8?

Any Core i3 or 4-6 Core AMD FX should be fine also you might want to add a 64GB SSD to your build for windows only. It will make a huge difference I could not ever install Windows 7 or 8 on a HDD again.

For the OS its really your decision. Windows 8 is different but its not bad. Its faster and once you get to know it its much more intuitive. It may have more clicks to do something but figuring out what you have to do is simple. If your going to be OCing you will need a after market cooler, but if your not OCing you don't need to worry.

Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel 3770K 4.6GHz @ 1.33V, EVGA GTX670, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM, and Corsair 800D

I have an AMD FX-6300 and it works great

+ i love Windows 8 and windows 8 is supose to be less harsh on your CPU and GPU (not sure if that's true)

and i am using the xigmatek "LOKI" cpu heatsink with push pull config.

Edited by compnoob

Fan Junkie

I would imagine that an APU would be good. Or maybe the FX6300 :)

Personally I would either go for the Hyper 212 or just stock..

(Comming soon)

Everything seams ok, but with your power supply it will require you to use the Molex to 6 pin power connectors which in my opinion is not idea. As far as performance I do not think using the adaptor will have any affect but I just wanted to make sure that you were aware that the 430 series is not as fleshed out as some other power suplies that are only a bit more.

In short: 
Your powersuply has: PCI-Express Connector: 1 x 6+2-Pin
Your card requires: 2 x 6 Pin PCI-Express connectors.

:)

Everything seams ok, but with your power supply it will require you to use the Molex to 6 pin power connectors which in my opinion is not idea. As far as performance I do not think using the adaptor will have any affect but I just wanted to make sure that you were aware that the 430 series is not as fleshed out as some other power suplies that are only a bit more.

In short: 

Your powersuply has: PCI-Express Connector: 1 x 6+2-Pin

Your card requires: 2 x 6 Pin PCI-Express connectors.

:)

Thanks man I would have bought this psu and would be so mad.

i think AMD is better for budget just because in my experience when building sub $500 system AMD performs better

for the cooler i think hyper 212 is not bad

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

An amd fx chip and cm 212.

PS: you'll never make your money back on bitcoins, it'll take far to long.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

i agree with the others, an Amd chip seems a better choice. Also if you're planning to overclock 430w won't be enough

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=30489448

Something like this? I would personally add an SSD to the list as well.

Something like the Sandish Ultra Plus :http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820171740

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.