Redmi K20 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 9 or Iphone 7 Plus

Hello guys, so I have a Galaxy S8+ and I'm consider upgrading to a new phone. And these 3 phones got my attention: Redmi K20 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 9 and iPhone 7 Plus (pre-owned). I need a phone with good camera; capable of playing games like Bully, PUBG, COD Mobile and good for working too. So which one suits my needs? P/s: My budget is quite tight; around 350-400$. T4R

3 minutes ago, Saksham said:

do you care about iOS vs android?

No, I just care about camera and performance 

1 minute ago, g4rren said:

No, I just care about camera

sadly none supports SD card, gd luck with your storage

then get iphone. it will have better stock camera performance, but on android I am not sure how the gcam ports  will change results. gcam may make thise camera's better, but you will have to figure that out yourself. 

On 10/9/2019 at 4:48 AM, g4rren said:

Hello guys, so I have a Galaxy S8+ and I'm consider upgrading to a new phone. And these 3 phones got my attention: Redmi K20 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 9 and iPhone 7 Plus (pre-owned). I need a phone with good camera; capable of playing games like Bully, PUBG, COD Mobile and good for working too. So which one suits my needs? P/s: My budget is quite tight; around 350-400$. T4R

iPhone 7 plus is the best choice, it is still very powerful and will have the best camera out of the phones listed. Plus things like cases and accessories are much easier to find for an iPhone than the others

On 10/9/2019 at 6:59 PM, huilun02 said:

Doesn't make any sense. A factory reset costs $0

What are your complaints about the S8+?

1. It's too fragile. I had to replace the back glass twice throughout the course of 3 month. Both involved the S8+ being dropped from the height of.....10 centimeters 

2. I can't use custom ROMs due to the fact that Samsung locked the bootloader for the US variants

6 hours ago, huilun02 said:

And why were none of these points mentioned in your first post? Why are you considering Xiaomi phones that also have a glass back? Why are you considering an iPhone if you want custom ROM capability?

What carrier are you on? Are you sure the Xiaomi phones will be usable on your carrier network?

Ah yeah, I forgot to mention them. I love Android because of its customizability, but I also love iOS because of its stability. So the ideal solution for me is to use both simultaneously. But since my budget is limited, I can only choose one. And yeah, I live in Asia so as long as the phone is unlocked, network is not a problem to me

Edited by g4rren

30 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Take the K20 Pro then. Its the only one you mentioned that has good battery capacity. Its superior to the Mi 9 in every way, and you don't want a used old generation iPhone that had 2900mAh battery to begin with (its capacity would be nowhere near that by now)

The only bad thing about the K20/Pro/Mi9T/Pro  is that pop up front camera is not quick to pop up for face unlock. If that's how you would like to unlock your device, get a phone that does not have a mechanically activated front camera.

Also unless you are in China, I strongly suggest getting a legit Mi 9T Pro instead because it does not come with the ad-ridden Chinese ROM.

So in my country (Vietnam), they sell both the K20 Pro AND the Mi 9T Pro. The K20 Pro are imported directly from China, thus they use the Chinese version of MiUI

Whereas the Mi 9T Pro are sold by Xiaomi Vietnam, so they have Global version of MiUI

And about the price, the K20 Pro cost around 350$ and has no warranty, whereas the Mi 9T Pro cost around 450$ with official warranty, but they are web exclusive (Lazada)

So which one is better?

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Depends how much you value the warranty and not having to put up with Xiaomi's ads. You can flash the global ROM after unlocking the bootloader but its not a simple process if you are new to rooting and ROM flashing.

If you want to risk it, you can look for a K20 Pro that the seller has flashed to global ROM. The box will then not arrive sealed and you'll have to take the seller's word that it's the true global ROM and nothing 'extra' is installed.

Or what other options are available? It's going to be the same deal for any Xiaomi phone imported from China.

So i found a S9+ US (pre-owned) at around 400$, a Note 9 US (also pre-owned) at around 450$-500$, a Pocophone F1 at around 250$, and a Xiaomi Mi 8 at around that price too

9 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

I'd take the Note 9 if it supports your local network bands. It has the largest battery (still the same as the K20 Pro though)

Its as fragile as the S8+. So get it a case.

Why are you looking at US variants of phones though? Do be aware that you might get ripped off or get a phone in bad condition if you look at foreign listings on eBay.

I would often buy directly from local stores so i get to check them, since it's very easy to get scammed online. And lucky for me, in my city, there's a lot of stores selling US/Korean Samsung phones, and they allow me to check the phone before buying too