A couple questions regarding a pair of nvme drives

Hello all,

I have a particular situation I was hoping to have some guidance on.

I'm currently building a pc for myself and wanted to get a nvme ssd for a boot drive,

I managed to get a great deal for a 1tb Kingston KC2000 ssd from a local shop but about a week later I received a 1tb Corsair MP 600 gen 4 ssd as a gift.

I now had 2 Nvme drives for one pc. 

From what i could tell from Asus's website, my motherboard ( Asus tuf gaming x570 wifi) should support 2 nvme drives so I think I'm going to use both.

I wanted to ask a few questions about this because I've never used a m.2 ssd or a m.2 nvme ssd before....

Will my motherboard be able to run these drives both at Nvme speeds at the same time?

The MP600 has a heatsink built on so should I use the single thermal guarded m.2 port on the the KC2000 and leave the MP600 in the open air port or the other way around?

I want the MP600 to be the boot drive so should I wait to install the KC2000 so I don't mistake the 2 drives during a windows installation or will I be able to tell the 2 apart when installing?

Will these 2 Nvme drives take up any bandwidth from my SATA ports? 

Thanks for any help!

My PC specs just in case:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

GPU: RTX 2060 Super FE

RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600mhz

PSU: Corsair RM750

MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming x570 Wifi

CASE: Corsair 450d

CPU COOLER: Wraith Prism

I got sort of a corsair theme going on lol

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/specifications/

3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M Key, Type 2242/2260/2280/22110(PCIE 4.0 x4 and SATA modes) storage devices support
2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M Key, Type 2242/2260/2280/22110(PCIE 3.0 x4 and SATA modes) storage devices support
AMD X570 chipset :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M Key, Type 2242/2260/2280/22110(PCIE 4.0 x4 and SATA modes) storage devices support
8 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)
Support Raid 0, 1, 10

So you can install one SSD pci-e 4.0 in the first m.2 and it gets 4 pci-e 4.0 lanes from CPU.

You can install 2nd SSD pcie- 4.0 in 2nd m.2 and you get 5 pci-e 4.0 lanes from chipset.

There's no mention of SATA ports being disabled if you install m.2 ssd on 2nd m.2 connector (which receives lanes from chipset) so you'll probably have all 8 sata ports functional.

Probably some sata ports (one or two) get disabled if you install a SATA m.2 SSD but there's no mention of this in the manual.

Unless absolutely necessary sure, install just the Corsair SSD in your system. There's no problem if you only install the 2nd SSD after Windows is installed.

You'll really see no performance difference in real life, both m.2 slots have stupid fast speeds. So install them wherever it's more convenient.

Ideally, you'd mount the corsair closer to CPU but it really doesn't matter.

These SSDs will only get hot if you write at high speeds for long periods of time (tens of GB) on average they shouldn't be too hot.