New keyboard

hollyh88
Go to solution Solved by PopsicleHustler,

Corsair K95 Platinum with MX Blue keys. Its just within your budget on Amazon UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R6WS3HK/ref=twister_B07W4RPKVR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

6 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Where are you getting this information? Looks is very subjective thing. People like different things. The build quality is good, who told you that it's not?

might be subjective but it doesn't look close to corsair or razer build quality wise, and as i said the looks are not what i search for :) 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

so if you do not have other suggestions then it doesn't get me further ^^ 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

14 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

build quality. 

funny thing... ducky is way better in that than most major keyboard makers, especially if you compare it to someone like corsair or razer

and we haven't even started on cherry being the golden standard... because it's far from it since they lost their patent

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

funny thing... ducky is way better in that than most major keyboard makers, especially if you compare it to someone like corsair or razer

and we haven't even started on cherry being the golden standard... because it's far from it since they lost their patent

doesn't look like it though. But even if they were better build quality wise their looks don't look interesting to me sadly. it doesn't make me thing wauw that looks good. compared to the corsair k95 or steelseries apex pro. but sadly the steel serie is as i said about 50 over budget. 

PC: 

3 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

might be subjective but it doesn't look close to corsair or razer build quality wise, and as i said the looks are not what i search for :) 

Then look again. Quality of Ducky are really nice.

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

Then look again. Quality of Ducky are really nice.

again ducky just doesn't sit with me. so if you dont have another one that could peak my interest within my budget than it won't change my mind. i'm sorry but ducky is just not what interests me. and i looked at allot of it on tweakers. none of them interest me. 

PC: 

1 minute ago, hollyh88 said:

doesn't look like it though. But even if they were better build quality wise their looks don't look interesting to me sadly. it doesn't make me thing wauw that looks good. compared to the corsair k95 or steelseries apex pro. but sadly the steel serie is as i said about 50 over budget. 

What makes you go wow?Something like this https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-ctrl-mechanical-keyboard ?

3 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

What makes you go wow?Something like this https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-ctrl-mechanical-keyboard ?

looks more interesting yes but sadly i cannot go through their list because you need to become a member or sign up to even look at their products lol xD kindof a turn off sadly

PC: 

My first suggestion would be to start looking outside of NL and include some European shops. Some keyboards get manufactured in really low quantities and might be sold out pretty fast.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/peripherals/keyboards

https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/category/mechanical-keyboards_3/

https://candykeys.com/

https://www.maxgaming.com/

UK in general seems to have the most shops for mechanical keyboards/parts. Just make sure you get the correct layout (does NL have special keys UK-ISO doesnt have?!?!) and dont pay to much for shipping, but Candykeys should be free above 50€ and mykeyboard charges 5€ for shipping to NL.

Also you could get a Wooting One, eventhough some people dont like the ABS keycaps I really like mine and their company is based in Arnhem.

P.S.: I understand that you dont like the Ducky's looks and I see it as a valid reason to not buy one but just for the record: The build quality of my Ducky One is superior to every keyboard from the major brands that I tested in an electronics store.

1 hour ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Corsair K95 Platinum with MX Blue keys. Its just within your budget on Amazon UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R6WS3HK/ref=twister_B07W4RPKVR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

i went with this decided to look a bit more into it. and i took it. it's just cherry speed though but thats fine by me i dont type tooo much i game more. :) 

PC: 

1 minute ago, Arphis said:

My first suggestion would be to start looking outside of NL and include some European shops. Some keyboards get manufactured in really low quantities and might be sold out pretty fast.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/peripherals/keyboards

https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/category/mechanical-keyboards_3/

https://candykeys.com/

https://www.maxgaming.com/

UK in general seems to have the most shops for mechanical keyboards/parts. Just make sure you get the correct layout (does NL have special keys UK-ISO doesnt have?!?!) and dont pay to much for shipping, but Candykeys should be free above 50€ and mykeyboard charges 5€ for shipping to NL.

Also you could get a Wooting One, eventhough some people dont like the ABS keycaps I really like mine and their company is based in Arnhem.

P.S.: I understand that dont like the Ducky's looks and I see it as a valid reason to not buy one but just for the record: The build quality of my Ducky One is superior to every keyboard from the major brands that I tested in an electronics store.

ah damm xD you responded right as i was done typing my comment xD 

i decided to go with the k95 rgb platinum. sadly they didnt have the gunmetal version so i just went with the black version. managed to get it for 165 euros. so 5 euros cheaper then the budget thanks to honey :D

love their coupon codes haha

PC: 

PC: 

I type too slow ?

K95 seems like a good choice, especially for that price

On 10/6/2019 at 6:21 PM, Arphis said:

I type too slow ?

K95 seems like a good choice, especially for that price

yeah so far im really happy with it. Especially the cherry keys and the sound they make. :P 

PC: