New keyboard

hollyh88
Go to solution Solved by PopsicleHustler,

Corsair K95 Platinum with MX Blue keys. Its just within your budget on Amazon UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R6WS3HK/ref=twister_B07W4RPKVR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

as titel says i am looking for a new keyboard. 
My current keyboard is the corsair k55 rgb. its cool but... i have it for so long already. so i want a newer one. My budget is about up till around 170 euros. i live in the netherlands. So i can have a pretty good variety. 
I would enjoy a rgb keyboard that i can costumize. One with a wrist pad wouldnt be bad either. so i have comfort while gaming. 
I do like keys that respond quick but have a nice tap sound to it. like mine has right now. 
i would appreachiate the help :) 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

i mean... if you want some real customization a gmmk barebones would be a nice idea

you can change out the switches and keycaps and Glorious sells wrist rests for it

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i mean... if you want some real customization a gmmk barebones would be a nice idea

you can change out the switches and keycaps and Glorious sells wrist rests for it

i took a look but sadly those arent really the ones i look for. i rather just have a brand ready keyboard. ^^ 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

6 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

i took a look but sadly those arent really the ones i look for.

So what do you look for then? You can get already built gmmk, buying barebones is not necessary.

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

So what do you look for then? You can get already built gmmk, buying barebones is not necessary.

i tried looking at the brands but most of the ones i would think of like corsair razer etc arent available. those that are don't really peak my interest. 

PC: 

7 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

i tried looking at the brands but most of the ones i would think of like corsair razer etc arent available. those that are don't really peak my interest. 

So you want to buy shit? :D Corsair and razer are shit keyboard makers. Well, if you want razer, this one is decent option : https://www.razer.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-huntsman-tournament-edition

Oh, there is this one : https://steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex-pro

should fit your needs, caps are shit, but easily changeable, most manufacturers use these shit caps, but with a non standard bottom row, which makes harder to replace.

12 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

i took a look but sadly those arent really the ones i look for. i rather just have a brand ready keyboard. ^^ 

well... it's actually quite easy to do

you just buy this, some switches and some keycaps of your preference

and since it's hotswapable, no soldering required

5 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

the prebuilts are unfortunately hard if not impossible to get in the NL as far as i'm aware

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

the prebuilts are unfortunately hard if not impossible to get in the NL as far as i'm aware

What about those 2 boards I mentioned? Possible to get in NL?

5 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

So you want to buy shit? :D Corsair and razer are shit keyboard makers. Well, if you want razer, this one is decent option : https://www.razer.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-huntsman-tournament-edition

Oh, there is this one : https://steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/apex-pro

should fit your needs, caps are shit, but easily changeable, most manufacturers use these shit cap, but with a non standard bottom row, which makes harder to replace.

i wouldnt call those brands shite. as far as ive seen the only really available keyboard brand on there is ducky. and those look well.. not what i would search for. i have allot of money to spend so would like a keyboard that is worth the money i spend it to. proper costumization sturdyness responsiveness etc. 

PC: 

3 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

that steel series is 220..  thats 50 above budget sadly

PC: 

4 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

and that razer one is unavailable indeed. 

PC: 

Corsair K95 Platinum with MX Blue keys. Its just within your budget on Amazon UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R6WS3HK/ref=twister_B07W4RPKVR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

3 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

i wouldnt call those brands shite.

Not the brands, keyboards they make are shit. They really are. They use horrible quality caps that  start to shine quickly, build quality is not that great, and software is terrible. Those are the facts. Get a Ducky. Those are better than Corsair and Razer. Your best bet is gmmk. It's easy to assembly, not hard at all. You don't like it, but it's your best bet. Or a Ducky, really nice quality boards, better than Corsair and Razer for  sure.

9 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

they are

if you want to check for yourself, tweakers.net generally covers most of it

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

they are

if you want to check for yourself, tweakers.net generally covers most of it

Odd then, op says that razer one is not possible to get.

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

yeah cant find prices on it in the netherlands sadly 

PC: 

3 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

yeah cant find prices on it in the netherlands sadly 

Get a Ducky then. Must the board be RGB? @hollyh88There are Leopold keyboards, those are superb quality, but no RGB. Just need to get a wrist rest and be done. Avialable in NL, I checked : https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1164623/leopold-fc900r-pd-mx-brown-(qwerty-us)-zwart-grijs-blauw.html

6 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

i can actually find it just looking at coolblue

it's just temporarely sold out

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

That make sense, this board is pretty much the best that Razer offers, even comes with PBT caps and standard bottom row.

13 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

probably why i dont see it yes :) 

PC: 

18 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Get a Ducky then. Must the board be RGB? @hollyh88There are Leopold keyboards, those are superb quality, but no RGB. Just need to get a wrist rest and be done. Avialable in NL, I checked : https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1164623/leopold-fc900r-pd-mx-brown-(qwerty-us)-zwart-grijs-blauw.html

funny but no terrible xD 

Ducky's keyboards don't look appealing to me. 

PC: 

there is a reason why i just buy it straight from brands known to be good and also actually look good. like i said my budget is pretty big so spending https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1260531/ducky-one-2-rgb-tkl-(cherry-mx-silent-qwerty-us).html 149 on something like this is a big no from me. it looks pretty bad. both looks and build quality. 

PC: 

i would go for the razor huntsman but its above budget. which is why i wanted more options and asked if anyone has had any good keyboards within my budget and had the stuff i looked for. fast responds rgb and something comfortable for my wrist :) 

PC: 

7 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

there is a reason why i just buy it straight from brands known to be good and also actually look good. like i said my budget is pretty big so spending https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1260531/ducky-one-2-rgb-tkl-(cherry-mx-silent-qwerty-us).html 149 on something like this is a big no from me. it looks pretty bad. both looks and build quality. 

Where are you getting this information? Looks is very subjective thing. People like different things. The build quality is good, who told you that it's not?