Grounding problem. Need help

Blbabs2
Go to solution Solved by Blbabs2,
20 minutes ago, seon123 said:

If the outlet is actually connected to ground, it should be ground. It might not actually be grounded, especially if it's an older house.

19 minutes ago, LionSpeck said:

Nope, not at all, it's just that, since not all of the ground pads need to make contact, as they're all connected together, and since the middle screw is the most tedious to screw in / out, they just thought of getting rid of the middle hole altogether and putting a permanent standoff

Turns out the ground isn't hooked up. The entire house isn't grounded. So this issue has probably always been here but just became more noticeable once I got new speakers and an audio interface to connect my guitar to my pc(all metal on guitar becomes electrified as well). Made arrangements with an electrician to try and get this sorted out without having to run all new wiring throughout the house...

Thanks for all the help everyone.

20 minutes ago, seon123 said:

If the outlet is actually connected to ground, it should be ground. It might not actually be grounded, especially if it's an older house.

19 minutes ago, LionSpeck said:

Nope, not at all, it's just that, since not all of the ground pads need to make contact, as they're all connected together, and since the middle screw is the most tedious to screw in / out, they just thought of getting rid of the middle hole altogether and putting a permanent standoff

Turns out the ground isn't hooked up. The entire house isn't grounded. So this issue has probably always been here but just became more noticeable once I got new speakers and an audio interface to connect my guitar to my pc(all metal on guitar becomes electrified as well). Made arrangements with an electrician to try and get this sorted out without having to run all new wiring throughout the house...

Thanks for all the help everyone.