Acer XF251Q Display Settings

Hi there, first post :) Anyways... I have an Acer XF251Q which supports 75Hz but the Nvidia control panel is leaving me confused... so, its telling me the native resolution is 1080p, 1920 x 1080 but I cannot go higher than 60Hz. However, the 1920 x 180 selection allows for 75Hz.To make this even more confusing, my scaling screen is showing 1920 x 1080 @ 75Hz but I don't believe this to be true because Windows is showing 60Hz. Anyways, my question here is 1920 x 1080 not always 1080p? Do I want 1080p @ 60Hz or 1920 x 1080 @ 75Hz? I honestly can't tell the difference but it's still bugging me. I primarily use this system for basic stuff, gaming, and watching YouTube but I rarely ever watch movie. I'm struggling a bit to understand this or find clear information so if you have anything to add it would be helpful. Thanks! :)

Acer XF251Q Display Settings.jpg

I like to play games and eat cookies.

I also build and sell gaming computers.

Hey there,

Im not sure but I dont think HDMI can do more than 60hz. I always thought you needed a Displayport for anything over 60hz unless it was a newer HDMI standard I am not familiar with. What GPU do you have?

24 minutes ago, Necrovarius said:

Hey there,

Im not sure but I dont think HDMI can do more than 60hz. I always thought you needed a Displayport for anything over 60hz unless it was a newer HDMI standard I am not familiar with. What GPU do you have?

hdmi 1.3 can do 144hz at 1080p, but monitor has to support it. would offer to just download CRU and edit custom hz.

3 minutes ago, edvinasfresh said:

hdmi 1.3 can do 144hz at 1080p, but monitor has to support it. would offer to just download CRU and edit custom hz.

Can you force it in windows under display adapters. I had to to that with my 144hz monitor.

It runs 75Hz on 1920 x 1080. My question is this not 1080p? The monitor supports 75Hz out of the box but it doesn't have DisplayPort.

I like to play games and eat cookies.

I also build and sell gaming computers.