High end gaming/professional upgrade advice

TL;DR: NEED 300 FPS WHICH RYZEN CPU SHOULD I GET, OR DO I HAVE A BOTTLENECK SOMEWHERE?

Hello I would like to give some backstory as to my needs for this build.

I am a senior in college studying game design and a Varsity Esports player for my college's Overwatch team. I currently have a 240hz monitor and have now saved enough to get the cpu to pair with it. As it stands I am running 80-100fps on all low settings with my build.

Build:

Windows 10 64b version 1903

Corsair CX600 PSU

GTX 1080ti

Ryzen 5 2600

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz

GIGABYTE B450 AORUS PRO WIFI

222gb SSD with 12.9 free

Peripherals:

Alienware aw2518hf 240hz monitor

Benq xl2411z 144hz monitor

60hz asus monitor

Corsair k70rgb rapidfire

Logitech g502

Blue Snowball

Overwatch Settings

Render Scale: 75%

Texture Quality: Low

Texture Filtering Quality: Low

Local Fog Detail: Low

Dynamic Reflections: Off

Shadow Detail: Off

Model Detail: Low

Effects Detail: Low

Lighting Quality: Low

Antialias Quality:Off

Refraction Quality: Low

Screenshot Quality: 1xresolution

Local Reflections: Off

Ambient Occlusion: Off

My goal is to run Overwatch consistently as close to 300fps as possible

additionally a cpu upgrade would help with game development.

I'm looking into upgrading to a ryzen 3rd gen processor such as the ryzen 7 3800x or ryzen 9 3900x. Would the 3900x be overkill? 

Any thoughts would be appreciated. If you can see any bottlenecks please let me know as well.

1 minute ago, Vakari said:

As it stands I am running 80-100fps

What settings are you running on? Overwatch on a 1080 and those specs should be easily 250 FPS @1080p

My life

7 minutes ago, Himommies said:

What settings are you running on? Overwatch on a 1080 and those specs should be easily 250 FPS @1080p

Overwatch Settings

Render Scale: 75%

Texture Quality: Low

Texture Filtering Quality: Low

Local Fog Detail: Low

Dynamic Reflections: Off

Shadow Detail: Off

Model Detail: Low

Effects Detail: Low

Lighting Quality: Low

Antialias Quality:Off

Refraction Quality: Low

Screenshot Quality: 1xresolution

Local Reflections: Off

Ambient Occlusion: Off

3 minutes ago, Vakari said:

snip

First thing I would do is use DDU and reinstall display drivers just to reset all of your GPU settings and stuff. Also Battlenet sucks ass so either launch the game from the exe or theres a button in battlenet that says something along the lines of close battlenet when I enter a game. Lastly if those don't work try opening task manager during a game to see if anything hits 100% though I severely doubt that its a hardware bottleneck

My life

What does your "Esports Professional CLub" recommend to get?  They should have some minimum level of gear for the sport you play, similar to other sports?

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

43 minutes ago, Vakari said:

As it stands I am running 80-100fps on all low settings with my build.

With the specs you listed, you should be getting quote a lot better. What happens when you mess with the settings? My roommate's got a almost the same specs but with an R9 Fury, much less capable GPU, and gets pretty consistent 120+ fps on high.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Himommies said:

First thing I would do is use DDU and reinstall display drivers just to reset all of your GPU settings and stuff. Also Battlenet sucks ass so either launch the game from the exe or theres a button in battlenet that says something along the lines of close battlenet when I enter a game. Lastly if those don't work try opening task manager during a game to see if anything hits 100% though I severely doubt that its a hardware bottleneck

I'll give those a try and get back to you

1 hour ago, jstudrawa said:

What does your "Esports Professional CLub" recommend to get?  They should have some minimum level of gear for the sport you play, similar to other sports?

The standard build at our Arena is an Omen Sponsored setup with a 144hz monitor. I'm looking to push past the minimum requirements of my Varsity team however.

On 10/4/2019 at 6:28 PM, Himommies said:

I've run DDU and installed latest drivers. I do see an increase of about 20 fps, however it's still below 144fps at times and I'm aiming for consistent 240+ even in teamfights. With that in mind do you know what I may need to upgrade for that to happen?

(additionally ran task manager and nothing hits 100, cpu goes up to a solid 60-70% at times where I see the fps dips though)

On 10/4/2019 at 6:54 PM, Fasauceome said:

With the specs you listed, you should be getting quote a lot better. What happens when you mess with the settings? My roommate's got a almost the same specs but with an R9 Fury, much less capable GPU, and gets pretty consistent 120+ fps on high.

I've upgraded my drivers which gave me about 20fps back but it still drops below 144fps at times. Side note even when running on high I tend to get very similar fps values so I don't believe my graphics card is struggling at all with this it seems CPU dependent from what I can tell.

Regardless of what I tweak I'm asking what the most efficient way to get consistent 240+ frames is?