Should I buy a new Motherboard

Hey, so a lot of people told me my Motherboard(MSI Z270-A Pro) is "bad" and that I should buy a new one.
My specs are:
GPU: MSI GTX 970 
CPU:I7 7700k (OC 5GHz)
Motherboard:MSI Z270-A Pro
Memory: 2X G.Skill 8GB DDR4-2133 CL15 (OC 2666MHz)

I bought my Z270-A Pro for around 70 Euro and I knew it's not gonna be the top end of Motherboards.
But I would like to know if its possible and worth upgrading to a good motherboard that is in the price range of 100-150 Euro.

If the only problem is people telling that the motherboard is bad, then you have no problems personally with the board?

No point upgrading only motherboard.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

If the only problem is people telling that the motherboard is bad, then you have no problems personally with the board?

No point upgrading only motherboard.

The only problem I have with my PC, is that my HDD is almost always at 100% usage but I don't think thats because of my Motherboard.

2 minutes ago, xIKirito said:

The only problem I have with my PC, is that my HDD is almost always at 100% usage but I don't think thats because of my Motherboard.

Definitely not, if it's an older mechanical HDD it's time for you too upgrade to an SSD. When mechanical drives get old or start to wear out they run at 100% usage even at idle. Run HD Tune Pro and see if it has any physical issues and what the power on hours are.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Definitely not, if it's an older mechanical HDD it's time for you too upgrade to an SSD. When mechanical drives get old or start to wear out they run at 100% usage even at idle. Run HD Tune Pro and see if it has any physical issues and what the power on hours are.

Its a Seagate Skyhawk 2000GB its about 1 year old now the problems started 4 months after I bought it. I tested it with SeaTools and it says everything is fine :/

3 minutes ago, xIKirito said:

Its a Seagate Skyhawk 2000GB its about 1 year old now the problems started 4 months after I bought it. I tested it with SeaTools and it says everything is fine :/

Tried the disk on different SATA ports for instance?

3 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Tried the disk on different SATA ports for instance?

I haven't, Im going to try that.

13 minutes ago, xIKirito said:

Doesn't matter if it's only a year old it could still be failing, and SeaTools is a joke. Use HD Tune Pro to test it. What program is causing it to be at 100% usage?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

28 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Doesn't matter if it's only a year old it could still be failing, and SeaTools is a joke. Use HD Tune Pro to test it. What program is causing it to be at 100% usage?

I tried different SATA ports and it didn't help.

And pretty much everything Is causing 100% usage as soon as it goes above 1mb/s it goes to 100% usage. 

Run HD Tune Pro. Either the system is doing a ton of Updates right now or your HDD is going out.

Something is wrong with windows, got the same issue on a laptop at work. I updated windows, updated the BIOS, updated the chipset drivers and drive defrag and clean up made the laptop work just fine.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

13 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Run HD Tune Pro. Either the system is doing a ton of Updates right now or your HDD is going out.

My average Read is 131.8 MB/s.

Just now, xIKirito said:

My average Read is 131.8 MB/s.

Look at the health tab, check your power on hours and see if it has any bad sectors or errors.

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Look at the health tab, check your power on hours and see if it has any bad sectors or errors.

How to I see bad sectors or errors?

7 minutes ago, xIKirito said:

How to I see bad sectors or errors?

In the health tab on HD Tune Pro. Anything highlighted Blue, Red, or Yellow is an error.

If this is the right Tab there is nothing highlighted 

9f532e77cf7bde8ad56a54dd66a5d699.png

2 minutes ago, xIKirito said:

If this is the right Tab there is nothing highlighted 

Yeah it looks good, low power on hours too. Better safe than sorry. I'd say it's a problem with your Windows. Do as @Mathieu9836 suggested and update your bios, windows, and drivers then see if that fixes it. Might need to do a fresh install or inplace upgrade.

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Yeah it looks good, low power on hours too. Better safe than sorry. I'd say it's a problem with your Windows. Do as @Mathieu9836 suggested and update your bios, windows, and drivers then see if that fixes it. Might need to do a fresh install or inplace upgrade.

I hope that works 

Erm millions of seek errors?

The OK means nothing when there are millions of errors.

Or is that HDTune  error?

1 hour ago, Tan3l6 said:

Erm millions of seek errors?

The OK means nothing when there are millions of errors.

Or is that HDTune  error?

I don't exactly know the reason why it's so high but someone on a different forum said thats nothing to be worried about 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 8:38 PM, SpookyCitrus said:

I tried everything and nothing helped. I even reinstalled Windows but before that I tested my HDD with CrystalDiskMark. I got the same Result after Reinstalling Windows

20191012_205458.jpg