Good Modular PSU ?

KevinG4

Hey i am loooking for  a good modular psu around 500watts. Any recommendations? Is the Corsair CX500 a good option ?

Anything from Corsair, seasonic, or Be Quiet are good psu's.

I think that's a lie

Pilates

I think that's a lie

Corsair just re brands psu's from people like seasonic. The psu's corsair ships are not made by them but are still good quality. 

Where are you shopping/located? Budget? What are you powering?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Corsair just re brands psu's from people like seasonic. The psu's corsair ships are not made by them but are still good quality. 

I think they have rebranded some less than good psus

Pilates

If you're looking for a good, silent PSU the Corsair AX series are great.

Most modern PSUs from the well known brands are pretty good. If you want to make sure, I always suggest reading reviews before buying.

No complaints with the XFX Black Edition series.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Corsair are ok, Seasonic, NZXT, BeQuiet, Rosewill, PC Power and Cooling, OCZ, XFX, Thermaltake, and Xigmatek all have my seal of approval (which mind you doesn't have that much weight to it). Here is the list from PCPP: http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/#sort=a9&qq=1&m=11,106,94,29,95,51,71,56,39,87&w=600,500&p=1,2&e=4,2

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Where are you shopping/located? Budget? What are you powering?

I am located in Europe,Greece in particular , my budget is around 60-70 euros , and my system will be (fx-8320 , r9 270-270x , 8gb 2 sticks ram , 1 hdd , 1ssd and i dont plan to crossfire at any time at the future)

I am located in Europe,Greece in particular , my budget is around 60-70 euros , and my system will be (fx-8320 , r9 270-270x , 8gb 2 sticks ram , 1 hdd , 1ssd and i dont plan to crossfire at any time at the future)

The cx500 is plenty for such a system.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The CX series is not fully modular though! For that I'd choose a RM series.

3570K @4.1GHz on a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H with 8GB of Corsair XMS3 overclocked to 2000MHz CL11 with a GTX 770 all inside a Corsair 600t case.

Just ignore stuff like quality parts/ripple suppression & voltage regulation aslong as the psu is within the atx spec it's fine. Another thing you might want to take in consideration is noise output. I really like the RM series I would even pay more for an RM psu than the ax1200i. List your system specs, you're probably fine with a RM450 but just give it in case.

Just ignore stuff like quality parts/ripple suppression & voltage regulation aslong as the psu is within the atx spec it's fine. Another thing you might want to take in consideration is noise output. I really like the RM series I would even pay more for an RM psu than the ax1200i. List your system specs, you're probably fine with a RM450 but just give it in case.

I mentioned my specs above and i think that 450 watts should also be sufficient . But it also costs +30 euros in comparison with the cx500m. Is is worth it looking on the noise and quality aspects?

I mentioned my specs above and i think that 450 watts should also be sufficient . But it also costs +30 euros in comparison with the cx500m. Is is worth it looking on the noise and quality aspects?

The RM450 has a semi passive fan and the fan itself is quieter than the cx500m and ofc its fully modular. 

It isn't imo unless you're a silence freak. 

Hey i am loooking for  a good modular psu around 500watts. Any recommendations? Is the Corsair CX500 a good option ?

Yeah, the CX500M is a decent PSU, but it is a value option. What about the CS550M? It is in a smaller footprint, lighter and with 80+ Gold certificate.  I think that it is around 70-80 euros as well. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here