Pressure marks on laptop display: how to fix or hide them?

Tolrag

Hello,

I've got some marks on the display of my laptop. It's a 2 years old mid-range (at the time) Asus notebook, 15"6 with a 1920x1080 display. I don't really know where these marks come from. I have two theories: my laptop could have receive pressure form its charger when both were put in my bag, or i have pushed too hard when cleaning the screen. 

The marks make the screen brighter where they are. This low quality (i'm sorry for that) picture has been taken with a black image, because it is harder to notice the brighter the color is.

Do you know if there is some way to make it a bit better? Other than swapping the screen. Could there be a software solution to hide the marks? Like something that help you manually select parts of your screen and make it darker to compensate?

I know it's a stretch and I don't have much hope. But this laptop did not deserve the bad treatment I gave him.

In any case, thank you for having read this. If you have any experience with this kind of marks, I would love to hear about it. 

Thanks!cop.thumb.jpg.a6dc6df269d7aa61ef3b401da62c23e6.jpg

• 6 months later...

hi! although your post has been here for quite a long time ago now, i'm responding to this still hahaha! i also got the same pressure marks on my LCD, maybe for a month or two now. there are like 4 dots of them and one line like yours. it doesn't get worse though, but it also irritates me. i've read online that it does not get worse if you take care of it better. it's a damage caused by too much pressure on screen, so new ones will not appear on its own. 

mine's not getting worse as i've said, but the annoyance really heightens every time i notice it, lol. it's quite pricey to have it replaced also, so there's really not much choice for me since repair is out of the choices. read about it more here: https://superuser.com/questions/1108346/bright-spots-on-dell-e6410-screen

i hope this helps you ease your mind on this! 

image.png