Static Coming From 2.5mm Jack in Front of Case

Tyspy197

Hey all,

I recently completed my first build and I have been having a nightmare in regards to my audio.  I have solved most of my initial problems regarding drivers and what not, however, I now have a low buzzing/humming noise that happens when plugging my headphones in to the front of my case.  Most notably, it seems to happen when anything graphically/computationally intensive happens, or when certain mouse inputs happen (for example using the scroll wheel will cause a slight buzz for the duration of the scroll).  Its not terribly loud, but it is enough to be annoying while listening to music while working or playing quiet games.  

When looking up solutions to this problem online, most people seemed to point to the idea that something was not properly shielded and is picking up interference, while some others suggested that it could be caused by a bad ground somewhere.  I'd appreciate any pointers on what fellow audio enthusiasts have to say.  I currently have tested it with a Corsair HS50, a crappy JVC set, and apple ear pods and they all yield the same results.  Could it be that the JAUD header sits right below my GPU on my mobo (pic attached)?  If so, how do I shield that connector from electrical interference?

Any troubleshooting tips?

SPECS:

Case: Corsair Spec Omega

Mobo: MSI gaming edge wifi x570

GPU:  RX 5700 XT

image1.jpeg