How to solve system updates lagging?

Kinantay4
Go to solution Solved by F___M,

start> settings (gear)> update and security >download or check for updates.  Then play....

Before every update my laptop starts lagging when opening programs, gaming and even using google. Sudden fps drops happen every 10 mins. Every time my laptop starts lagging, I instantly know that there is an incoming update, and the pc might be working a little on it before actually starting the update, and as I guessed, 2 days (or less) later, the pc updates when shutting down or launching it, then the lag disappears after the update. Is there a way to force the (actual) update to start instantly? or does leaving my pc on for 2 hours or more make my pc do its work and start the update?

2 minutes ago, F___M said:

start> settings (gear)> update and security >download or check for updates.  Then play....

Worked, thanks!

When windows downloads updates in the background slower computers suffer. If you look at the control panel when you are lagging you will notice that the HDD and or CPU will be pinned to high usage.

The solution is to disable or force the updates to happen. If you go to update and security in the control panel you can force the update.

16 minutes ago, Andrew 1337 said:

The solution is to disable or force the updates to happen

Maybe I'll do both, this way I update my PC whenever I feel free to do so, right?