Bioshock : App is already running

dmegatool

So I started Bioshock and even played it for a couple of hours this week. Today I got this message from Steam when trying to launch it "App is already running". Anybody already encountered that problem ? 

Not much changed since the last time it launched. I installed DS3 Tools, Dexpot, pluggued my bluetooth dongle... that's pretty much it. I unistalled Dexpot but nothing changed.

well, is it already running?^^

check your task manager.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Happens to me occasionally. You just need to wait till steam "offically" stops the game from running. Takes a couple seconds.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

So I started Bioshock and even played it for a couple of hours this week. Today I got this message from Steam when trying to launch it "App is already running". Anybody already encountered that problem ? 

Not much changed since the last time it launched. I installed DS3 Tools, Dexpot, pluggued my bluetooth dongle... that's pretty much it. I unistalled Dexpot but nothing changed.

Restart you computer....

Well, that happens to me too. But, not with games, with windows software. I as downloading Windows 8 and suddenly. Something happens and it says, it's already running even if it's not. Checked out my TM, it's not running.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

well, is it already running?^^

check your task manager.

^this

usually either it's the game.exe or SteamUI, some processes might not quit as expected and you have to lay your mighty taskmanager to smack 'em around a bit

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Ok thanks for suggesting to check if it's running xD

Obviously I restarted the computer... But still. There's nothing in the task manager either. Also, all other games work. Its just Bioshock.

1. Verify game files

2. Check task manager (under processes not applications)

3. Delete and reinstall game

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

All done. Nothing can make it work. I'll continue to try obscures solutions found online...

Solved ! 

Well.. kind of. There's been of update of steam and after that it started working again. So I guess unistalling and reinstalling would have been the solution. Who knows.