Looking For New Open World Survival BUILDING Games.

Xelriel

So recently i have played ARK, Conan Exiles, RUST, Minecraft, PixARK, ATLAS, Creativerse, Dark And Light, Citadel, Forged In Fire, Medieval Engineers, Space Engineers, Trove, 7 Days To Die, Card Life.

ARK was the closest thing with detailed building pieces, Second was Medieval Engineers, The issue with ARK is it is so horribly optimized even on a really good rig that it just buckles under itself after a while of building even a small structure, Medieval Engineers i thought would have been perfect for my *Medieval* Needs. Sadly there is a block limit even if you make the world flat, And 25 THOUSAND times larger than vanilla, So that was shot down too. Plus not a lot of good mods for it for building pieces wise.

So now I'm back to square one, Regarding the last two games i mentioned i am looking for any and all Medieval like building games, Survival or not.

Im more looking for MEDIEVAL style building if it helps.

~{ Xelriel }~

does medieval engineers not have a disable block limit like space engineers does?

Edit: might be labled as PCU limit

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

1 minute ago, Xelriel said:

So recently i have played ARK, Conan Exiles, RUST, Minecraft, PixARK, ATLAS, Creativerse, Dark And Light, Citadel, Forged In Fire, Medieval Engineers, Space Engineers, Trove, 7 Days To Die, Card Life.

ARK was the closest thing with detailed building pieces, Second was Medieval Engineers, The issue with ARK is it is so horribly optimized even on a really good rig that it just buckles under itself after a while of building even a small structure, Medieval Engineers i thought would have been perfect for my *Medieval* Needs. Sadly there is a block limit even if you make the world flat, And 25 THOUSAND times larger than vanilla, So that was shot down too. Plus not a lot of good mods for it for building pieces wise.

So now I'm back to square one, Regarding the last two games i mentioned i am looking for any and all Medieval like building games, Survival or not.

Try No Man's Sky. It’s a sci-fi survival with an actual story to it as well and it’s  hugely open world (you can explore whole solar systems!). You can build bases, accumulate ships in your fleet, go on missions and other stuff. At launch, it was a huge letdown but now it’s really fun!  

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

Just now, pizapower said:

Fallout 4

Fallout 4 is nothing like any of the games i listed in the main post :/

The type of building is more per-determined and severely limited, Even with mods. Plus i can't make a colossal base the size of a continent.

~{ Xelriel }~

1 minute ago, star_pilot475 said:

Try No Man's Sky. It’s a sci-fi survival with an actual story to it as well and it’s  hugely open world (you can explore whole solar systems!). You can build bases, accumulate ships in your fleet, go on missions and other stuff. At launch, it was a huge letdown but now it’s really fun!  

I have looked into No Mans Sky but i want to stick with what i love, And that's Medieval Building :D And im not talking Turn based or well any Medieval Open World Game you can find with a simple google search like anno, Or something like that, Im more talking exactly the types of games i listed above.

~{ Xelriel }~

Just now, The Torrent said:

I think you'd like RAW if it ever comes out

Yeah RAW looks nothing like what im looking for.

~{ Xelriel }~

3 minutes ago, Xelriel said:

Yeah RAW looks nothing like what im looking for.

rly? Im a big fan of some of the games u like and im looking forward to it if it ever even comes out.

Just now, The Torrent said:

rly? Im a big fan of some of the games u like and im looking forward to it if it ever even comes out.

Yeah it's nothing Medieval? Looks like current time.

~{ Xelriel }~

i suppose the reason they wouldn't allow you to change the block limit in medieval engineers, is probably because they don't nessescarily expect you to hit it, which is unfortunate

personally, i've always preferred Space Engineers, more my style (was literally drawing up a ship on grid paper before reading this thread) so i'd maybe suggest giving that another whirl, if you have the game already, or giving it a first try if you haven't

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Just now, GrockleTD said:

i suppose the reason they wouldn't allow you to change the block limit in medieval engineers, is probably because they don't nessescarily expect you to hit it, which is unfortunate

personally, i've always preferred Space Engineers, more my style (was literally drawing up a ship on grid paper before reading this thread) so i'd maybe suggest giving that another whirl, if you have the game already, or giving it a first try if you haven't

Problem with SPACE Engineers is it's nothing... Medieval about it.

~{ Xelriel }~

6 minutes ago, Xelriel said:

Problem with SPACE Engineers is it's nothing... Medieval about it.

this, i realize, however, otherwise it would be very similar i imagine, due to being made by the same people, on the same engine, and all that fun stuff.

1 minute ago, GrockleTD said:

this, i realize, however, otherwise it would be very similar i imagine, due to being made by the same people, on the same engine, and all that fun stuff.

Yeah i dont want anything space related ?

~{ Xelriel }~

1 minute ago, Xelriel said:

Yeah i dont want anything space related ?

that is a shame, its a fun game.

1 hour ago, Xelriel said:

So recently i have played ARK, Conan Exiles, RUST, Minecraft, PixARK, ATLAS, Creativerse, Dark And Light, Citadel, Forged In Fire, Medieval Engineers, Space Engineers, Trove, 7 Days To Die, Card Life. Looking For New Open World Survival BUILDING Games.

Well you've named the majority of best ones available, however, some of these may be of interest to you. Some may not have all the elements you want but that doesn't mean they're not worth trying. All of them should have the medieval element you speak of.

Ignore the prices. If there's ones you like, I can let you know exactly when you can expect them to be a lot less in price.

8 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

Well you've named the majority of best ones available, however, some of these may be of interest to you. Some may not have all the elements you want but that doesn't mean they're not worth trying. All of them should have the medieval element you speak of.

Ignore the prices. If there's ones you like, I can let you know exactly when you can expect them to be much cheaper.

Only three of these are close enough to what the OP is about so i shall check them out but the three i found dont seem to have modding capabilities, which isn't necessarily bad, But yes they are all medieval for sure. Just stil not sure it's what im looking for, And Def not Life Is Feudal, You dont have any building freedom if i remember, Just plop down a building and your done xD

Thank you very much for this list, Hopefully more people can give suggestions like this!

~{ Xelriel }~

Thank you very much for this list

Welcome.

Hopefully more people can give suggestions like this!

Agreed. Although on this topic, you're not going to find many more that fit what you're looking for. Especially since you've already played the best ones available.