Need new case

Matthew J Johnson

So I have been looking for a case that can fit the hp 6005 am3 motherboard but I can't find a cheap case that will fit and match the psu and io and I can't find a original hp compaq pro microtower.

18 minutes ago, Matthew J Johnson said:

So I have been looking for a case that can fit the hp 6005 am3 motherboard but I can't find a cheap case that will fit and match the psu and io and I can't find a original hp compaq pro microtower.

That board is proprietary and wont fit in any standard case.

Picture 1 of 3

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019--- Rainbow 馃 2020---Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---Blue Build Post---Blue Build Post 2018---Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k聽聽 聽MotherboardGigabyte Z97N-WIFI聽 聽聽RAMG.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz聽聽 聽GPUEVGA GTX1080Ti聽FTW3聽 聽聽CaseCorsair 380T聽 聽

StorageSamsung EVO 250GB,聽Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB,聽WD Black 5TB聽聽 聽PSUCorsair CX750M聽 聽聽CoolingCryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 9/30/2019 at 8:42 AM, TVwazhere said:

That board is proprietary and wont fit in any standard case.

Picture 1 of 3

thanks for the info do you think it would fit on a test bench?

46 minutes ago, Matthew J Johnson said:

thanks for the info do you think it would fit on a test bench?

It might fit on a test bench but only because it's open. It probably wouldn't line up with many of the screw holes, and the PCI-E slots would not line up with the PCI-E slots on the test bench. You'd be spending money to get essentially a cardboard box style mounting.

If you're okay with the motherboard being open, I'd actually suggest making your own motherboard tray from wood and some standoffs. This way you're guaranteed to have the standoffs where you need them (since you're making them) and you can even build a wooden/acrylic enclosure around it in the future if need be!

Follow up video:

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019--- Rainbow 馃 2020---Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---Blue Build Post---Blue Build Post 2018---Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k聽聽 聽MotherboardGigabyte Z97N-WIFI聽 聽聽RAMG.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz聽聽 聽GPUEVGA GTX1080Ti聽FTW3聽 聽聽CaseCorsair 380T聽 聽

StorageSamsung EVO 250GB,聽Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB,聽WD Black 5TB聽聽 聽PSUCorsair CX750M聽 聽聽CoolingCryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

36 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

It might fit on a test bench but only because it's open. It probably wouldn't line up with many of the screw holes, and the PCI-E slots would not line up with the PCI-E slots on the test bench. You'd be spending money to get essentially a cardboard box style mounting.

If you're okay with the motherboard being open, I'd actually suggest making your own motherboard tray from wood and some standoffs. This way you're guaranteed to have the standoffs where you need them (since you're making them) and you can even build a wooden/acrylic enclosure around it in the future if need be!

Follow up video:

I actually love the wood test bench idea Or I could just build a custom wood Eatx tower thanks for the idea :)