Recommendation for a laptop ( uni student )

LN7

Hi there I'm a media production student and I've just started uni and I'm in need of a laptop my budget is around £500 to £600.

I'd be needing something sorta light weight, one preferably with an SSD ( at least 256gb ), something with 8GBs of RAM minimum, a decent battery would be good as i'd be needing it during lectures to make notes, Id be doing a small amount video editing and photo editing as I would do the main bulk of editing on my desktop. 

I've been watching most of the reviews and searching on sites and retailers for an option but thought that the forums here would serve as a better use for recommendations and, peoples opinions and maybe own reviews of certain products. 

Any and all help would be very appertained - Thanks 

3 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

https://www.dell.com/en-uk/work/shop/laptops/inspiron-14-5000/spd/inspiron-14-5480-laptop/bn58402

This looks nice, has a MX250 (basically a laptop 1030), so video editing will be much faster than the integrated intel CPU.

i dunno about Quality and Cooling and sRGB thing about this laptop. but judging from performance you should upgrade to 16 if you buy this laptop. 16GB in 2019 is neccesary for editing. especially adobe goes stutter below 12GB ram. and the difference between single and dual channel is huge

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |