Lend me your PC Knowledge for my 1st Build.

Go to solution Solved by DivinePhantom,
13 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

i mean, if you stick the chipset name in front of it you do.........

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/PRESTIGE-X570-CREATION

its about 500$, but its eATX

I do love the design, but I will ask you and @Herman Mcpootis and question down below together.

note im quoting your Ram Selection. are you manually overclocking you Ram?

and how far are you going with overclocking the CPU? just multiplier overclocking? if thats the case you are better off with just running PBO. 

I'm pretty new to this overclocking bizz. I'm not sure by what you mean when you ask me any of this, but I will do extensive research before I overclock for better performance. I want to know the dangers, pros and cons to overclocking. To me I thought overclocking was similar to a flip of a switch, but with your questions I suppose it is more custom.

9 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($499.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($324.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Thermaltake Core P3 TG Snow Edition ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.99) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Whisper M 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($116.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Custom: EKWB EK-KIT RGB 360 Water ($499.99)
Custom: GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G Graphics Card, Pre-Installed Waterblock, 11GB 352-Bit GDDR6, GV-N208TAORUSX WB-11GC Video Card ($1350.00)
Total: $3321.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-30 03:30 EDT-0400

This looks great as it dropped my price by $400. Out of curiosity and genuine puzzlement, I have a question for you and @GoldenLag. You both gave me two different motherboards and x570 series nonetheless because it synergizes well with their new ryzen 9 chip says AMD. What I do want to know is out of the three how do you know which is better? I want to know how to differentiate these things in the future. At first I choose the Asrock x570 creator because it said it supported NVME boot. I'm pretty ignorant and would like to understand, although I do love the looks that MSI x570 Creation motherboard is rocking.

Also, holy crap on the speeds of the Corsair MP600. I did see Western Digital SN750 on Tom's Hardware recommended list but not the Corsair MP600 with those insane speeds. Why is that?

Also, thank you all so much for the feedback! I'm so hyped and excited to finally be truly competitive!

Hey everyone,
This'll be my actual first computer build. Stuck with old leftovers and gratefully thankful for them too.

What I don't need.

• Keyboard + Mouse
  • OS
  • Monitor(s)

Here is the list of what I plan to purchase.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: ASRock X570 CREATOR ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($499.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($196.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1250 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($379.99 @ Amazon) 
Custom: GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G Graphics Card, Pre-Installed Waterblock, 11GB 352-Bit GDDR6, GV-N208TAORUSX WB-11GC Video Card ($1350.00)
Total: $3756.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-30 02:38 EDT-0400

• There are two parts that are out of stock and they are the CPU + GPU. My question is will they ever restock and when can I expect them to restock?
  • Does anyone think I should wait until a holiday to purchase these items for a lower cost? Or will it barely matter because these are pretty top tiered equipment?
  • Lastly am I missing anything for a complete build?

Thanks community folks!

4 minutes ago, DivinePhantom said:

You do have the parts u need in the list. I don't know about  waiting till the holidays the parts probley would restock though

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

17 minutes ago, DivinePhantom said:

Motherboard: ASRock X570 CREATOR ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($499.99 @ Newegg) 

you can get cheaper boards that are pretty much just as good. or a same price board that is better. like the MSI Meg Creation. 

19 minutes ago, DivinePhantom said:

dont need such an expencive PSU. if you for some reason want dual GPU at some point. a 850w is more than enough. 

19 minutes ago, DivinePhantom said:

do you have any plans to manually overclock?

21 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

You do have the parts u need in the list. I don't know about  waiting till the holidays the parts probley would restock though

Alright sounds great, thanks!

23 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

you have picked top end parts, but whats your prev system? 

monitor setup?

My current monitor is something I'm not quite sure of because it was gifted to me by an awesome friend. It's an ASUS 24 inch monitor with only 60hz refresh rate. Nothing too special, but means alot for me since it was newly bought and gifted for me. I do plan to get a newer monitor, but I decided to wait until a newer 4k 144hz+ monitor comes releases.
My build consists of

• CPU - AMD A8-7600 R7
  • GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 5GB memory I think
  • VRAM - 8 GB

As for everything else I'm not quite sure. Did check the dxdiag, but I'm not sure where to find everything else.

12 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

you can get cheaper boards that are pretty much just as good. or a same price board that is better. like the MSI Meg Creation. 

dont need such an expencive PSU. if you for some reason want dual GPU at some point. a 850w is more than enough. 

do you have any plans to manually overclock?

• I'm not quite sure which MSI Meg Creation you are referring to because when I google that mobo I don't get a specific mobo.
  • Thanks for your input on the PSU I do understand that I will hurt for it, however I feel that this PSU is a great investment because it is Titanium rating efficiency and I do plan to upgrade my rig later down the road.
  • And ofcourse! I plan to overclock both my VRAM and CPU as a result in getting a custom cooling kit.

Just now, DivinePhantom said:

• Thanks for your input on the PSU I do understand that I will hurt for it, however I feel that this PSU is a great investment because it is Titanium rating efficiency and I do plan to upgrade my rig later down the road.

you're not really saving that much from going with 80+ titanium. plus whatever you do save, the extra cost with going for a more expensive PSU makes it moot anyway.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, DivinePhantom said:

I'm not quite sure which MSI Meg Creation you are referring to because when I google that mobo I don't get a specific mobo.

1 minute ago, DivinePhantom said:

Thanks for your input on the PSU I do understand that I will hurt for it, however I feel that this PSU is a great investment because it is Titanium rating efficiency and I do plan to upgrade my rig later down the road.

upgrade to what? dualGPU? because you dont need more than 850w for that.......... and there are plenty o cheaper good PSUs that arent 300$. 

2 minutes ago, DivinePhantom said:

And ofcourse! I plan to overclock both my VRAM and CPU as a result in getting a custom cooling kit.

and how far are you going with overclocking the CPU? just multiplier overclocking? if thats the case you are better off with just running PBO. 

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($324.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Whisper M 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($116.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I do love the design, but I will ask you and @Herman Mcpootis and question down below together.

I'm pretty new to this overclocking bizz. I'm not sure by what you mean when you ask me any of this, but I will do extensive research before I overclock for better performance. I want to know the dangers, pros and cons to overclocking. To me I thought overclocking was similar to a flip of a switch, but with your questions I suppose it is more custom.

9 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

This looks great as it dropped my price by $400. Out of curiosity and genuine puzzlement, I have a question for you and @GoldenLag. You both gave me two different motherboards and x570 series nonetheless because it synergizes well with their new ryzen 9 chip says AMD. What I do want to know is out of the three how do you know which is better? I want to know how to differentiate these things in the future. At first I choose the Asrock x570 creator because it said it supported NVME boot. I'm pretty ignorant and would like to understand, although I do love the looks that MSI x570 Creation motherboard is rocking.

Also, holy crap on the speeds of the Corsair MP600. I did see Western Digital SN750 on Tom's Hardware recommended list but not the Corsair MP600 with those insane speeds. Why is that?

Also, thank you all so much for the feedback! I'm so hyped and excited to finally be truly competitive!

3 minutes ago, DivinePhantom said:

To me I thought overclocking was similar to a flip of a switch, but with your questions I suppose it is more custom.

PBO is like flipping a switch, its free performance. Manual overclocking goes from as simple as multiplier overclocking, to now including IF overclocking among other things. i havent looked too far into the overclocking world of Zen 2. 

5 minutes ago, DivinePhantom said:

You both gave me two different motherboards and x570 series nonetheless because it synergizes well with their new ryzen 9 chip says AMD

i gave you a board that costs the same, he gave a more value oriented boar. if you dont need all the IO from the creation, you can spend much less on a board. 

6 minutes ago, DivinePhantom said:

At first I choose the Asrock x570 creator because it said it supported NVME boot. I'm pretty ignorant and would like to understand

all AM4 board from A320 to X570 support Nvme boot on the CPU lane Nvme slot as Ryzen has 4 dedicated laned to Nvme. 

7 minutes ago, DivinePhantom said:

probably because they havent reviewed it yet. 

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($298.90 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket HTSK 4.0 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($209.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $3305.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-30 04:04 EDT-0400

swapped board to something a bit cheaper, also changed the SSD to a variant that has a bit more thermal mass to play with.