S Pen and Phone Battery

This might be dumb question, but would removing an s pen from a note phone make the phone battery last longer?

I tried to look up articles but the articles talk about the s pen battery. I want to know about improving the phone battery life. 

To be fair, I don't think so... At least, not to a noticeable degree...

You see, when S Pen is fully charged and is inside, phone doesn't use some of its features like inductive screen layer (if that's what Samsung uses for their pen, dunno for sure), BT connectivity to S Pen, and, of course, charging S Pen (because it's already charged, so it is basically going to sit on idle drawing almost nothing like PC or a laptop w/o any load).

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

25 minutes ago, Spakes said:

To be fair, I don't think so... At least, not to a noticeable degree...

You see, when S Pen is fully charged and is inside, phone doesn't use some of its features like inductive screen layer (if that's what Samsung uses for their pen, dunno for sure), BT connectivity to S Pen, and, of course, charging S Pen (because it's already charged, so it is basically going to sit on idle drawing almost nothing like PC or a laptop w/o any load).

But it "is" charged by the phone right? Even if it's only a 1% difference I'll take it. I'm always doing what I can to extend battery life on phones. Currently don't have working computer so I do all my media consumption on my phone so I can easily drain battery quickly. 

7 minutes ago, Sorkurie said:

But it "is" charged by the phone right? Even if it's only a 1% difference I'll take it. I'm always doing what I can to extend battery life on phones. Currently don't have working computer so I do all my media consumption on my phone so I can easily drain battery quickly. 

Okay, timeout...

That "1% of charge" is so negligible and small that it might be even better to leave S Pen inside your phone...

Why?
Because you won't spend any power on sensor stylus layer (which does use power when S Pen is removed) AND BT connectivity with S Pen.

Even more so, that 1% you "saved" will be destroyed by 3% loss of charge because of removal of S Pen.

Furthermore, while your phone does charge S Pen, it doesn't do it all the time... So you can leave it for as much as you want, and it won't do shit to your charge because there will be nothing left to charge...

Purify your Windows 10/11, don't give Microsoft anything that you don't want to share.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZwVs9zrM493rjD42E2Pf0YcOkaW92ZUo

Tips for folding on laptop:

Lazy man wants upgrades from the sky.

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/Spakes

Will that 1% allow enough time for you to find a charger cable... Maybe..
But you'd be looking for that cable before you hit 1%.

Removing Spen does create workflows..

When I remove my S-Pen it sometimes asks me to reconnect it, and that short step, reinsert, connect, remove to use,... all cycling power somewhere.

While I agree on more bettery life the better,... myself, huge media watcher, less social user, buying a phone that covers the job, or a battery bank to help..
One thing for sure,.. I'd rather a battery bank than losing some of these features to save power.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz