Any recommended changes?

Coolio_Ash

Hi! I built my first gaming PC (and my first PC ever) in around 2014 on a budget of $600. Now that I'm out of high school and into the work force I'm planning an at or just around $2000 build, and I have a parts list here. I have a 1080p 60Hz monitor (I'm aware that this is probably a little overkill for 1080p gaming) that I plan on upgrading later down the line to a 1440p 120-165hz one. My goal for this build is to make a white/greenish-cyan color scheme (my favorite) with RGB lighting, something I think there's plenty of here. Another thing I kinda want to get into is VR. Is there anything you guys would recommend me changing?

Parts list:

I'd recommend you get a 2080 super instead of a 2080, because they're the same price (I think the 2080 super is actually cheaper in some cases idk)

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($329.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: OLOy WarHawk RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($67.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Constellation CS ISE 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($57.50 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB XC HYBRID GAMING Video Card  ($619.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($85.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1690.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-27 12:38 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

22 minutes ago, Adorable Cat said:

I'd recommend you get a 2080 super instead of a 2080, because they're the same price (I think the 2080 super is actually cheaper in some cases idk)

the main reason i went for this one is the rgb. i couldnt find a gigabyte aurus 2080 super anywhere. otherwise, i definitely would have gone with it.

18 minutes ago, Coolio_Ash said:

the main reason i went for this one is the rgb. i couldnt find a gigabyte aurus 2080 super anywhere. otherwise, i definitely would have gone with it.

No way, someone who actually sacrificed performance for aesthetics, you're a mad man. No really though, the 2080 Super is a big improvement for the same price, sacrificing that for RGB/ aesthetics is ridiculous. But don't worry I got you, RGB build with 2080 Super coming up.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

29 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

No way, someone who actually sacrificed performance for aesthetics, you're a mad man. No really though, the 2080 Super is a big improvement for the same price, sacrificing that for RGB/ aesthetics is ridiculous. But don't worry I got you, RGB build with 2080 Super coming up.

lol. another thing i should probably mention is id like to vertically mount the gpu, im pretty sure the case supports that.

Here's a better performing build with "A LOT of RGB" for cheaper. So you get more RGB and much more performance for cheaper. ;) 

@Herman Mcpootis Did a fantastic job with the build list. @Coolio_Ash I changed a few more things while still keeping it significantly cheaper than your over $2000 build and being an all around better system.

Better GPU - Cheaper: Much better performance, with good RGB. (The Aorus Waterforce is a pretty GPU but not when it's more expensive than a much better card because of it.)

Better M.2 SSD - Cheaper: 3000MB/s* read and write speeds where as that WD Blue is only 500MB/s* read and writes.

Better PSU -  Cheaper: Tier A PSU, much more high quality and 650W(even 550W) can handle the load of this system with ease, Rosewills are a hard pass for me and most others on the forum.

Better Motherboard - Roughly the same price: but has been tested by multiple reviewers as one of the best X570 boards in that price range.

Better Case - Cheaper: More RGB, can add a vertical mount if you want, better airflow and thermals. (NZXT cases look good but their thermals are TERRIBLE)

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

8 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Here's a better performing build with "A LOT of RGB" for cheaper. So you get more RGB and much more performance for cheaper. ;) 

@Herman Mcpootis Did a fantastic job with the build list. @Coolio_Ash I changed a few more things while still keeping it significantly cheaper than your over $2000 build and being an all around better system.

Better GPU - Cheaper: Much better performance, with good RGB. (The Aorus Waterforce is a pretty GPU but not when it's more expensive than a much better card because of it.)

Better M.2 SSD - Cheaper: 3000MB/s* read and write speeds where as that WD Blue is only 500MB/s* read and writes.

Better PSU -  Cheaper: Tier A PSU, much more high quality and 650W(even 550W) can handle the load of this system with ease, Rosewills are a hard pass for me and most others on the forum.

Better Motherboard - Roughly the same price: but has been tested by multiple reviewers as one of the best X570 boards in that price range.

Better Case - Cheaper: More RGB, can add a vertical mount if you want, better airflow and thermals. (NZXT cases look good but their thermals are TERRIBLE)

so the compatibility notes say there may be problems storing the drives, also it needs an extra 4 pin connector for the mobo. do i just buy and extra 4 pin separately?

26 minutes ago, Coolio_Ash said:

so the compatibility notes say there may be problems storing the drives, also it needs an extra 4 pin connector for the mobo. do i just buy and extra 4 pin separately?

Don't bother with the compatibility notes regarding storing drives you have an m.2 that goes in the motherboard and the case has a 3.5" drive cage under the power supply shroud, it shouldn't be affected by the GPU at all.. As for the 4-pin unless you're planning on doing some pretty heavy overclocking it is unnecessary. 

17 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Don't bother with the compatibility notes regarding storing drives you have an m.2 that goes in the motherboard and the case has a 3.5" drive cage under the power supply shroud, it shouldn't be affected by the GPU at all.. As for the 4-pin unless you're planning on doing some pretty heavy overclocking it is unnecessary. 

i would prefer it with that, just in case

3 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

i guess the more important part is that the case only comes with 2 fans, so i'll probably need to get rid of the front one and put the rad there.

5 minutes ago, Coolio_Ash said:

i guess the more important part is that the case only comes with 2 fans, so i'll probably need to get rid of the front one and put the rad there.

The P400A RGB which is the one I have in the list comes with the 3 RGB fans pre-installed in the front, the non-RGB version that's cheaper only comes with 2 standard black fans.

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The P400A RGB which is the one I have in the list comes with the 3 RGB fans pre-installed in the front, the non-RGB version that's cheaper only comes with 2 standard black fans.

ohhhhh i see. 

On 9/27/2019 at 5:33 PM, SpookyCitrus said:

do you know if this processor can supporta 64 bit operating system?

2 hours ago, Coolio_Ash said:

do you know if this processor can supporta 64 bit operating system?

It will 100% support 64 bit operating systems. For the most part every modern processor runs 64 bit operating systems, especially higher end CPUs. 32 bit isn't really used a lot anymore unless for certain needs.