New to RGB - how the hell.....

Fontaine

Decided to go all out with my new Ryzen 9 build now, going for the Lian Li O11 case which, as it requires fans, I've decided go RGB however, I know nothing about how RGB works, I'm looking for some input! So I have the Asus ROG Strix X570-E board which has Aura Sync for the RGB, figure I use that but the board has different connectors (3 and 4pin, some addressable - which means what in RGB terms?), I'll need circa 6 fans and what to be able to sync the lighting with the mobo and potentially add some RGB strips into the case. Then to further matter, I want to add RGB lighting into my office/gaming/studio room and have it all synced..... is this even possible? Where do I start??  

5 hours ago, Fontaine said:

Decided to go all out with my new Ryzen 9 build now, going for the Lian Li O11 case which, as it requires fans, I've decided go RGB however, I know nothing about how RGB works, I'm looking for some input! So I have the Asus ROG Strix X570-E board which has Aura Sync for the RGB, figure I use that but the board has different connectors (3 and 4pin, some addressable - which means what in RGB terms?), I'll need circa 6 fans and what to be able to sync the lighting with the mobo and potentially add some RGB strips into the case. Then to further matter, I want to add RGB lighting into my office/gaming/studio room and have it all synced..... is this even possible? Where do I start??  

to start rgb is normally 12v and argb is 5v so no mixing them. rgb all the leds will be the same color and argb each led can have its own color. depending on how many fans and how long your rgb strip is pulling power from just the mb is a bad idea and you have to find out how much your headers and handle. that being said i no with 5v argb you can pull power form your psu instead of your mb that will bypass the power problem. as for having rgb strips out side your going to have to run cables out side the case and make your own cables. if the strip is too long you might have to add in power here and there or even a data repeater. there are kits to do room but you want to sink with your pc so this is how it be done.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

i found the diagrams i wanted to show how its done. also to keep in mind that asus rgb software might only suport so many leds so keep that in mind as well.

rgb psu power.png

mb argb psu power diagram.jpg

Wiring Diagram.png

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links