Best Gaming Headphones under $50?

JoeCool9

I've been using a single Walmart checkout line earbud for the past 2 years, and need an upgrade, but I'm not sure what to go with. I have a dedicated Blue Snowball microphone, so I'm not really looking for a headset, more for headphones/headset with a removable mic. Thanks for the help!

1 minute ago, JoeCool9 said:

I've been using a single Walmart checkout line earbud for the past 2 years, and need an upgrade, but I'm not sure what to go with. I have a dedicated Blue Snowball microphone, so I'm not really looking for a headset, more for headphones/headset with a removable mic. Thanks for the help!

I know your not looking for a headset but for $50  these are killer https://drop.com/buy/drop-x-koss-gmr-54x-iso-gaming-headset

6 minutes ago, JoeCool9 said:

Used Sibera 200, super cheap and solid, can just buy replacement ear cushions as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SteelSeries-Siberia-200-Gaming-Wired-Headset/113900977721?hash=item1a8506fe39:g:xVgAAOSwUCFdikbU:sc:USPSFirstClass!92020!US!-1

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Not sure about going used, I saw some Hyper x cloud Pro headphones on sale, are those any good? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hyperx-cloudx-pro-wired-gaming-headset-for-xbox-one-black/6233106.p?skuId=6233106

5 minutes ago, JoeCool9 said:

Not sure about going used, I saw some Hyper x cloud Pro headphones on sale, are those any good? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hyperx-cloudx-pro-wired-gaming-headset-for-xbox-one-black/6233106.p?skuId=6233106

Actually the Arctis 1 wired headphones just came out, I assume this is replacing the Sibera 200s

Not too many reviews, my Arctis 7 wireless has been solid.

https://nerdtechy.com/steelseries-arctis-1-review

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

47 minutes ago, JoeCool9 said:

Hmm not really sure about those, they look a little too dorky and uncomfortable xD

look em up kos are known for great budget gear that look awful but are comfy and sound great for the price

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

look em up kos are known for great budget gear that look awful but are comfy and sound great for the price

I have to ask. Have you heard these by chance?

28 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I've never heard of Kos ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Not the massdrop ones I have tried to original ones by Koss and they were very good for the price. These are supposed to be better.

6 hours ago, JoeCool9 said:

Go for it they are built well and sound pretty good too. If they are anything like the cloud 2'snor the original cloud.

3 hours ago, rice guru said:

Go for it they are built well and sound pretty good too. If they are anything like the cloud 2'snor the original cloud.

Ok, I'll do a bit more research on em and see what else I can find. One thing I keep seeing is 7.1 Surround Sound. Are headphones with this better than the Stereos like the Cloud Core? I also saw something about being able to make Stereo headphones surround sound...

1 minute ago, JoeCool9 said:

Ok, I'll do a bit more research on em and see what else I can find. One thing I keep seeing is 7.1 Surround Sound. Are headphones with this better than the Stereos like the Cloud Core? I also saw something about being able to make Stereo headphones surround sound...

that depend if it's a cheap chinese knock off with virtual suround no if its a generally better headphone that so happens to have 7.1 surround then its a better headphone.you can get the same effect with software from razer, dolby atmos for headphones or HEsuvi