Heatsink Design Question / Northbridge?

Iam a latitude e7440 owner.(i5 4310 cpu with hd 4400 onboard gpu)IMG_20190905_114600.thumb.jpg.ce9754e312c332048e09a0b274d5b25d.jpg

While searching on the net to make my device run cooler i came across with this topic; Dell Community Forum

The heatsink on the first message there apperently a redesigned one to not touch the what appears to be the northbridge(my source; that topic- chip on the right in my pic.)

My laptop has the old design one which has the surface area to cover both chips. 

I tested to see if newly designed heatsink really helps cpu temp. by repasting mine but leaving the northbridge chip without paste thus decreasing the contact with heatsink and that resulted in avg. 3-4 degree celcius lower cpu temp.

At the end my question is that if dell left that northbrige chip too hot in favor of lower cpu temp? I am worried if i just buy the redesigned heatsink and some time later some other problems comes up becauae of an overheating northbridge chip.

6 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

You are looking at the CPU and iGPU - they are 2 separate chips.

Did you check the dell forum topic? They are wrong then?

3 minutes ago, Eatmc7 said:

" The northbridge was replaced by the system agent introduced by the Sandy Bridge microarchitecture in 2011, which essentially handles all previous Northbridge functions.[10] Intel’s Sandy Bridge processors feature full integration of northbridge functions onto the CPU chip, along with processor cores, memory controller and graphics processing unit (GPU). This was a further evolution of the Westmere architecture, which also featured a CPU and GPU in the same package.[11] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northbridge_(computing)

Your CPU doesn't have a separate Northbridge. No modern CPU has it.

3 minutes ago, Eatmc7 said:

Don't blindly believe stupid people on forums :P (that includes me)

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Don't blindly believe stupid people on forums :P (that includes me)

Haha so those guys that has a revised heatsink of my model using their laptops that doesnt have a heatsink on their igpu? Thats so stupid.

4 minutes ago, Eatmc7 said:

Haha so those guys that has a revised heatsink of my model using their laptops that doesnt have a heatsink on their igpu? Thats so stupid.

Or is it? Am i mistaking the hd4400 with igpu or igpu means the hd4400 gpu in my case?

44 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

You are looking at the CPU and iGPU - they are 2 separate chips.

What does the igpu chip do? I had a 3rd gen i7 laptop before this and it did just have 1 die. So i assumed the hd 4000 gpu it has is embedded to the cpu die therefore now thinking the extra chip i5 4310u has is something completely different. I am really confused. 

11 minutes ago, Eatmc7 said:

What does the igpu chip do? I had a 3rd gen i7 laptop before this and it did just have 1 die. So i assumed the hd 4000 gpu it has is embedded to the cpu die therefore now thinking the extra chip i5 4310u has is something completely different. I am really confused. 

The Haswrll GPU is larger and thus separate. A normal desktop CPU looks the same

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

The Haswrll GPU is larger and thus separate. A normal desktop CPU looks the same

Thanks. Do they run cool since dell decided to leave them without heatsink? Can i switch to the redesigned one?

9 minutes ago, Eatmc7 said:

Thanks. Do they run cool since dell decided to leave them without heatsink? Can i switch to the redesigned one?

Use GPUz to track thrermals

On 9/26/2019 at 4:06 AM, 5x5 said:

Use GPUz to track thrermals

Seems theres only 1 sensor around the cpu area because im getting the same temperature from GPUz as i get from open hardware monitor cpu temps. 

All i think now is how does this heatsink below work since the chip on the left which you say is gpu left open without a cooler? (gpu doesnt touch heatsink)7540.JPG.9eac26544c6468d04ba43b749fe2f6cc.JPG

1 hour ago, Eatmc7 said:

Seems theres only 1 sensor around the cpu area because im getting the same temperature from GPUz as i get from open hardware monitor cpu temps. 

All i think now is how does this heatsink below work since the chip on the left which you say is gpu left open without a cooler? (gpu doesnt touch heatsink)7540.JPG.9eac26544c6468d04ba43b749fe2f6cc.JPG

Look at the paste on the pipe. This is direct die cooling. It's fine

8 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Look at the paste on the pipe. This is direct die cooling. It's fine

I have the heatsink. While i was writing It ''doesnt touch heatsink' i knew you will think like this. And theres no paste there just the coppers color is faded at hat point.