Does anyone have the SENNHEISER PC37X headset from MassDrop?

Founders

I'm about to pull the trigger on these but I had a couple of questions for people that may have some experience with these. First off, how do they sound overall, good bass, mid's, treble? My Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset is closed back, is it going to be difficult to get use to an open back design? How do they hold up? My Corsair's are currently suffering from flaking of the material around the headband, something I later learned was common for this headset. Are they easy to RMA if needed? I have a $20 credit at Mass so I can get this headset for a little over $100 so it seems like a good deal to me. Just curious what others have to say, thanks. 

I don't have it but I have tried it's older brother 598 which people seem to say is a little worse but uses the same drivers. It has good mids and treble but not bass heavy. It's a pretty flat sound signature not my favorite but this is good for gaming and music and generally what audiophiles aim for. Only difficult to get used to an open back if you are planning to use them in a noisy environment if your not then it's a great design.RMA wise I suggest contacting Sennheiser or massdrop about it before buying it because people outside of the us seem to be having issues with it in that respect. My overall thoughts are these are better than pretty much all the headset under or around this price. But it still depends on if you are planning to use them for music if so what type of music?

5 hours ago, rice guru said:

I don't have it but I have tried it's older brother 598 which people seem to say is a little worse but uses the same drivers. It has good mids and treble but not bass heavy. It's a pretty flat sound signature not my favorite but this is good for gaming and music and generally what audiophiles aim for. Only difficult to get used to an open back if you are planning to use them in a noisy environment if your not then it's a great design.RMA wise I suggest contacting Sennheiser or massdrop about it before buying it because people outside of the us seem to be having issues with it in that respect. My overall thoughts are these are better than pretty much all the headset under or around this price. But it still depends on if you are planning to use them for music if so what type of music?

I’m in the US so hopefully I’ll be OK with warranty support. Primary use will be gaming, music second, YouTube videos third. Any time I’m browsing the web I’m usually listening to music but I listen to a large variety of stuff, rock, reggae, blues, pop. I don’t plan to use these for movies just watching YouTube videos.

8 hours ago, Ehmc130 said:

I’m in the US so hopefully I’ll be OK with warranty support. Primary use will be gaming, music second, YouTube videos third. Any time I’m browsing the web I’m usually listening to music but I listen to a large variety of stuff, rock, reggae, blues, pop. I don’t plan to use these for movies just watching YouTube videos.

With Sennheiser you will always come out on top.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

18 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

With Sennheiser you will always come out on top.

Except for the 99% of utter shit headphones they make.

29 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Except for the 99% of utter shit headphones they make.

Care to explain? 

16 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

Care to explain? 

I wouldn't say 99% but they make a lot of headphones. a lot of them either not very good like a lot of their consumer grade stuff but usually well priced and is the sound that you can expect at the price points or like a ton of mediocre at best headphones the majority 5XX lineup (with the exception of the 58x,598,559,599) and the hd 700 and the 820. and a lot opf sennheiser people like to call their sound signature "veiled" but frankly "I think they are just deaf and have a bias.

50 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

Care to explain? 

Sennheiser makes literally hundreds of different models, only a handful of which are actually any good or competitive. They just have a few headphones that have been so legendary it has kept their name alive.

32 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I wouldn't say 99% but they make a lot of headphones. a lot of them either not very good like a lot of their consumer grade stuff but usually well priced and is the sound that you can expect at the price points or like a ton of mediocre at best headphones the majority 5XX lineup (with the exception of the 58x,598,559,599) and the hd 700 and the 820. and a lot opf sennheiser people like to call their sound signature "veiled" but frankly "I think they are just deaf and have a bias.

Wait are you calling 700 and 820 good or not? I can't quite tell. This is a run on sentence. 

20 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Wait are you calling 700 and 820 good or not? I can't quite tell. This is a run on sentence. 

calling them meadiocre at best for their price point. the hd 700 has to go agaist a some gereat  the 1990 planars from hifiman, the aivas are in the price point even the koss electro statics

. the 820 has to go against even more options from from focal, electrostats, 

8 minutes ago, rice guru said:

calling them meadiocre at best for their price point. the hd 700 has to go agaist a some gereat  the 1990 planars from hifiman, the aivas are in the price point even the koss electro statics

. the 820 has to go against even more options from from focal, electrostats, 

As someone who had owned the 700 and tried the 820 for a while I would call them both straight garbage. 700 is finally discontinued since Sennheiser realized what an atrocity that thing was. 820 is just bad. Probably it’s main competitor would be the Focal Stellia which also isn’t good. Honestly it’s not competing with too much.

13 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

As someone who had owned the 700 and tried the 820 for a while I would call them both straight garbage. 700 is finally discontinued since Sennheiser realized what an atrocity that thing was. 820 is just bad. Probably it’s main competitor would be the Focal Stellia which also isn’t good. Honestly it’s not competing with too much.

I mean personally only reason why I haven't upgraded  much for a while is becase dinishing returns hit me hard aftewr the 990 and 58x that sure more expensive is better but not that much.  and I have tried a borrowed a decent amout of headphones past $500 and few have tempted me 

22 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I mean personally only reason why I haven't upgraded  much for a while is becase dinishing returns hit me hard aftewr the 990 and 58x that sure more expensive is better but not that much.  and I have tried a borrowed a decent amout of headphones past $500 and few have tempted me 

I mean if you expect linear upgrades then wrong hobby for sure. 

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

I mean if you expect linear upgrades then wrong hobby for sure. 

not expecting linear upgrades at all I just respect budget audio as it's getting so good these days

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

not expecting linear upgrades at all I just respect budget audio as it's getting so good these days

And expensive audio is getting better as well.

8 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

And expensive audio is getting better as well.

Not at the rate budget options are look at iems for example with tin hifi,moon drop and kz or most things massdrop releases. In the mid Fi level  you have think like the BLON B20 . And DAC amps for around $100  like the khadas tone board and the atom for as clean as they are make it hard to really justify more expensive amps and DACs.