Fresh Build acting weird

builder1909

Hello,

Recently I built a rather high end PC for the purpose of streaming. The main game I intended to stream was Rust. However, for some reason my computer seems to be handling it poorly. No matter the graphic settings, I would get 50-60fps, where as my friend, with the EXACT same build gets 100-110. I decided to hop on a more optimized game to compare, Rainbow 6 Siege, and I struggled 100+ fps with medium settings. Drivers up to date, power in high performance mode, RAM in dual channel, and cpu temps fine, never exceeding 75c+. Below are my specs and some benchmarks. Apparently my PC is running below expectations. Not sure if I should be worried, any help much appreciated.

My Specs:

CPU: AMd Ryzen 7 3700x 8core 16 thread

Mobo: Asrock x570 Phatnom gaming 4 AM4 ATX

Memory: Ripjaws 16gb (2 x 8gb) DDR4 3200hz RAM

Storage: 1TB SSD M.2 NVME

GPU: MSI Super Ventus OC RTX 2070 Super

PSU: Focus Plus 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold 

Benchmarks: (on a fresh boot, nothing major running)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20414484

GPU Looks like its having some problems, and your CPU as well, and your RAM is not running at 3200. Enable XMP in your BIOS to try to get it at 3200mhz and re test.

11 minutes ago, Collinator24 said:

GPU Looks like its having some problems, and your CPU as well, and your RAM is not running at 3200. Enable XMP in your BIOS to try to get it at 3200mhz and re test.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20414965

What else could be wrong with my GPU and CPU?

Clocked it at 3200hz, didn't know it was even set to way lower by default, thank you very much

13 minutes ago, builder1909 said:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20414965

What else could be wrong with my GPU and CPU?

Clocked it at 3200hz, didn't know it was even set to way lower by default, thank you very much

Try reinstalling GPU drivers, and if that doesn't work DDU it. The CPU is slightly slower likely becuase of how much the 3700x is overclocked. You can try to overclock it and also maybe overclock your GPU after reinstalling drivers.

2 minutes ago, Collinator24 said:

Try reinstalling GPU drivers, and if that doesn't work DDU it. The CPU is slightly slower likely becuase of how much the 3700x is overclocked. You can try to overclock it and also maybe overclock your GPU after reinstalling drivers.

Ok, will do. Do you think anything is abnormal tho? Honestly I rather not overclock, I just want my system to perform up to expectations. 

On 9/24/2019 at 7:42 PM, builder1909 said:

Ok, will do. Do you think anything is abnormal tho? Honestly I rather not overclock, I just want my system to perform up to expectations. 

GPU looks wrong. Can't pinpoint it from here, but its not right with the user benchmark you have sent. I get it that you don't want to overclock, but it is a 3700x, which is a pretty good overclocker if you are interested. My first overclock only added about 7 degrees to push my system to 5ghz. Not sure

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 6:20 PM, Collinator24 said:

GPU looks wrong. Can't pinpoint it from here, but its not right with the user benchmark you have sent. I get it that you don't want to overclock, but it is a 3700x, which is a pretty good overclocker if you are interested. My first overclock only added about 7 degrees to push my system to 5ghz. Not sure

some time passed, ive been fixing stuff in bios 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20705865

better?

9 hours ago, Collinator24 said:

Yes. What monitors are connected?

2x 1080p monitors

first being 60hz via hdmi

second being 240hz via DP 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 12:39 AM, builder1909 said:

2x 1080p monitors

first being 60hz via hdmi

second being 240hz via DP 

It could be your 240hz monitor. Try disconnecting it, and just running the 1080p monitor, and run the benchmark. I had a similar thing with my new monitor as well.