Can i run it without burning my house down?

Hey, i just got a "new" motherbaord. 

It's the "Asus Rog Strix b-350 gaming", i want to put these specs into my pc and onto my motherboard: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 5700, Corsair Hydro Series H55. Do i have to be carefull with the heat generated from the pc? Or is this cooler actually good enough.

Make sure the Mobo supports 3rd gen and you have a way to update it if so

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

44 minutes ago, Loenneborg said:

Hey, i just got a "new" motherbaord. 

It's the "Asus Rog Strix b-350 gaming", i want to put these specs into my pc and onto my motherboard: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 5700, Corsair Hydro Series H55. Do i have to be carefull with the heat generated from the pc? Or is this cooler actually good enough.

Few things here

First - update the BIOS for the 3600

Second -  the H55 will be fine - the 3600 is a very low-heat CPU. If you were talking about a 9700K or 3900X then an upgrade might be needed but for a 3600, you're fine.

Third - what power supply are you running? Realistically even 400W is enough but the quality is the main concern I have

19 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Few things here

First - update the BIOS for the 3600

Second -  the H55 will be fine - the 3600 is a very low-heat CPU. If you were talking about a 9700K or 3900X then an upgrade might be needed but for a 3600, you're fine.

Third - what power supply are you running? Realistically even 400W is enough but the quality is the main concern I have

First - thanks for the feedback :D

Second - how do i update it :)

Third - im thinking about running it with 700W, but i may only use 500W if 400 is gonna cut it.

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

you'll be fine. it's a small 120 rad so you shouldn't count on good overclocking performance, but if you just run it stock it should be just fine.

? What does that even mean. Im not the big geek, but i know something just not what 120 rad means :) 

Thanks for the feedback :D

6 minutes ago, Loenneborg said:

First - thanks for the feedback :D

Second - how do i update it :)

Third - im thinking about running it with 700W, but i may only use 500W if 400 is gonna cut it.

Updating is done either with an older CPU if you have one or by asking the store to do it for you. Most will do it free, some charge 10$ for it. No biggie

As for the PSU - get a good quality unit. a CX450 is vastly superior compared to a DiabloTek 1000W or Lepa 1200W or whatever. Grab a good quality 400-500W unit and enjoy

Just now, Loenneborg said:

? What does that even mean. Im not the big geek, but i know something just not what 120 rad means :) 

Thanks for the feedback :D

He's talking about the H55. If you haven't bought the cooler - just get a Dark Rock 4 - it's vastly superior compared to the rather poor H55

9 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

He's talking about the H55. If you haven't bought the cooler - just get a Dark Rock 4 - it's vastly superior compared to the rather poor H55

Roger that, will buy that instead :D 

28 minutes ago, Loenneborg said:

Roger that, will buy that instead :D 

For the power supply - what's the budget? A TXm Gold or Be Quiet Straight Power 11 Gold is my suggestion

14 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

For the power supply - what's the budget? A TXm Gold or Be Quiet Straight Power 11 Gold is my suggestion

Well in denmark the CX450 is 55euro, and i wont go over 65 euro tops, my budget aint that high :)Be Quiet Straight Power 11 is over 100 euro :/

Edited by Loenneborg

7 minutes ago, Loenneborg said:

Well in denmark the CX450 is 55euro, and i wont go over 65 euro tops, my budget aint that high :)Be Quiet Straight Power 11 is over 100 euro :/

Well, grab a CX550 then for future headroom and less noise/heat

29 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Well, grab a CX550 then for future headroom and less noise/heat

What ram do i have to get then, i would like under 100 euro also there, you seem like a nice guy with a lot of knowledge for pc's

What ram do i have to get then, i would like under 100 euro also there, you seem like a nice guy with a lot of knowledge for pc's

DDR4 3000 or higher with lower timings

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

DDR4 3000 or higher with lower timings

Do you have any you could recommend :D

Do you have any you could recommend :D

Not really - so long as it's a recognizable brand like Crucial, Kingston, Corsair or whatever and not some chinese crap

Just now, 5x5 said:

Not really - so long as it's a recognizable brand like Crucial, Kingston, Corsair or whatever and not some chinese crap

What does the lower timing means to be exact

1 minute ago, Loenneborg said:

What does the lower timing means to be exact

You'll see it listed as CL15/16/17/18/19

20 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

You'll see it listed as CL15/16/17/18/19

Then i guess CL15 is the best?