Which phone should I get?

Jurr

Looking for a phone with a decent display, better than average camera, and headphone jack. I don't care about a notch or hole and would like it to be quick while multitasking. Went from a note 5 to s6 and now s5. 

Not looking to take a loan just to buy the phone like the note 10+ but want a substantial upgrade.

wait for oneplus 7t series and pixel 4 series. it will drop prices of phones. 

7t series comes out soon, pixel 4 series comes out on oct 15 or something

Just now, Saksham said:

wait for oneplus 7t series and pixel 4 series. it will drop prices of phones. 

Once those come out what would be a good option? 

2 minutes ago, Jurr said:

Once those come out what would be a good option? 

depends on new prices. older phones can drop prices significantly once new ones come out but sometimes they just barely change. it all depends on the market. you just have to wait and find out. 

if you want to buy right now, for budget option, pixel 3a or 3a xl.

3a has best in class display and best in class camera. slightly slower than other phones in this price range. 

Edited by Saksham

10 minutes ago, Saksham said:

depends on new prices. older phones can drop prices significantly once new ones come out but sometimes they just barely change. it all depends on the market. you just have to wait and find out. 

if you want to buy right now, for budget option, pixel 3a or 3a xl.

3a has best in class display and best in class camera. slightly slower than other phones in this price range. 

Thanks for your help

@Mickey MouseDid you recommend a very outdated iPhone?

I recommend waiting for the oneplus 7t. Honestly going to be my next favorite phone. Get that, download the google camera app and google photos and boom you have a great display, great camera, great battery life, great charge times, great phone

On 9/23/2019 at 3:00 PM, Jurr said:

Looking for a phone with a decent display, better than average camera, and headphone jack. I don't care about a notch or hole and would like it to be quick while multitasking. Went from a note 5 to s6 and now s5. 

Not looking to take a loan just to buy the phone like the note 10+ but want a substantial upgrade.

Depending on your needs, the Pixel 3a is a decent buy if you can catch a sale. Doesn't have the flashiest specs or the most amount of storage or RAM, but honestly for light and casual users it's fine. It's been a champ for me so far, and it's gotten to the point where after I end the day I don't bother to plug my phone in, I just wake up the next day and plug it in while I eat breakfast for a top off. It's done in about an hour. Usually end the day with around 40%.

If you're a heavy user stay away from it.

So work has the phones on sale for:

Galaxy Note 10+ $1000

Galaxy S10+ 128gb $650

Note 9 128gb $599

would this entice anyone to lose the headphone jack or would i get the same benefits and drawbacks with the cheaper s10+ or note 9?

On 9/23/2019 at 8:25 PM, Saksham said:

The camera is exceptional, only beaten by the iPhone 11 Pro but the display is far from best in class Samsung and Apple hold that crown. The 3a is a great budget phone but not best in class.

OP I would recommend either the 3a XL if you're trying to stick to a budget or the Oneplus 7 Pro if you want something a bit nicer.

I have a Galaxy S9+ right now and if I were to upgrade, I would definitely go for a Galaxy S10+. I've been using the S9+ for the past year and I have just no complaints with it. It is still very fast and gets everything I could possibly want done. The S10+ is even better obviously. 

Edit : I would consider looking at a used S9 or S9+. Pretty viable option if you can find them at a good price.

• 3 months later...

Went with the S10+ since work dropped the price to $450 in November. No ragrets