Is DayZ Standalone a CPU heavy game?

ManOfDisguise

Just wondering cuz I get around 23 fps in Elektro w a gtx 770 + 8350 but my friend gets around 70fps in Elektro w a 760 and a 4770k. We even tried at the same graphics settings.

EDIT: NVM I FOUND OUT ITS MY 8350 THAT CAUSING THE LOW FPS ISSUES. AMD 8 CORE PROCESSORS DONT GO GOOD WITH THE GAME

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

It is in alpha and i heard somewhere that there is a patch coming for better performance 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

It's everything intensive, you've got it, it'll max it. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

isnt dayz heavely un-optimesed? 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

isnt dayz heavely un-optimesed? 

oooohohhhhhhhh yea

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Yes, the arma engine i very CPU heavy but is also very optimized. It only supports 4 cores native and is a 32-bit game so can only used 4GB of RAM. Also no SLI or crossfire support. 

If an 8350 is slowing it down then it is heavily CPU demanding, but only heavily single core optimized.

Just wondering cuz I get around 23 fps in Elektro w a gtx 770 + 8350 but my friend gets around 70fps in Elektro w a 760 and a 4770k. We even tried at the same graphics settings.

EDIT: NVM I FOUND OUT ITS MY 8350 THAT CAUSING THE LOW FPS ISSUES. AMD 8 CORE PROCESSORS DONT GO GOOD WITH THE GAME

70fps wtf , what settings does he have ?

I have GTX 780 + 3570k and it runs around 40FPS @1440p with Normal/High settings

It's in alpha, and not even slightly multithreaded yet. Anyone not running a decent Intel gets terrible performance right now. Im usually at 35-50

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

the engine likes hyper-threading, it's just that, I get around 30 fps on cherno with an i5

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

• 1 month later...

I wonder how the game would perform in Mantle.

It doesn't support mantle

It doesn't support mantle

you might have been a little late to the thread ;)

• 2 weeks later...

you might have been a little late to the thread ;)

better late than never

<~~~ plays dayz on 6300 gets 35 to 90 fps :D

Optimize the Cfg and launch options

The graphics API is not the bottleneck the constant updating and such of the map makes it not perform well

Many settings in the Real Virtuality engine use the CPU on lower settings and the GPU on higher settings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Virtuality_%28game_engine%29

Read up on which ones to put on HIGH or ULTRA for GPU use.

The Bohemia forum has a decade of information on getting the best results.

http://forums.bistudio.com/index.php

The graphics API is not the bottleneck the constant updating and such of the map makes it not perform well

the cpu is the bottleneck, mantle would help alleviate that bottleneck 

bohemia suck at multithreading

the cpu is the bottleneck, mantle would help alleviate that bottleneck 

bohemia suck at multithreading

You just restated what I said, what was the point for you to reply