Indie Hip-Hop Recommendations

adman29

Hi all,

Does anyone have some newer indie Rap that's any good?

I love MF Doom & most of his work, along with Aesop, Mos Def, etc. but I've been noticing they've not put out anything recently. Any ideas based off of that?

4 hours ago, adman29 said:

Hi all,

Does anyone have some newer indie Rap that's any good?

I love MF Doom & most of his work, along with Aesop, Mos Def, etc. but I've been noticing they've not put out anything recently. Any ideas based off of that?

Check out Halifax Hip Hop group the Caravan. I found their record in a dusty old shop in Dartmouth. It’s one of my fav’s. Make it smooth is such a fun track. 

https://thecaravan.bandcamp.com/album/emerald-city

8 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

@Crunchy Dragon this is probably more your thing. 

I'm not good with genres, but I can give a short list of rappers that I really like on request.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I'm not good with genres, but I can give a short list of rappers that I really like on request.

what's your short list?

K.Flay (although she's taken on a more poppy sound lately.  You may find the older stuff more interesting)

Dual Core

Both are labeled as hip hop, but are nowhere near the same style as the artists you mentioned.

13 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

K.Flay (although she's taken on a more poppy sound lately.  You may find the older stuff more interesting)

Dual Core

Both are labeled as hip hop, but are nowhere near the same style as the artists you mentioned.

I saw them open for Mother Mother. They were OK. But Mother Mother stole the show. There was no contest. 

Anyways, I trust any band who plays alongside Mother Mother. They’re the gold standard as far as live shows go. Said the Whale also opened for Mother Mother. And they’re great.