upgrade options available for my motherboard

hi everyone! im noob regarding computers. I want to see what type of ram, cpu, graphic cards are supported by my pc. How can i check this?

cpuz.JPG

It uses a PCIe X16 connection, any graphics card is compatible. As for CPU, what processor is in there right now? Googling the 5520 chipset listed, I found this

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006567/server-products.html

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

That is a chipset used for LGA 1366 CPUs AFAIK.  The CPU tab will tell you more.

If its a server/workstation you likely need registered/ECC DDR3 memory.  The memory tab will tell you more.

As far as GPU, if it fits it works.

I think this a workstation from HP which supports DDR3 ECC RAM 1333Mhz speed. Any graphics card will fit though the new cards may cause the CPU to bottleneck. Try buying older cards and try working on it. Try seeing HP's website for further info.

Link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01709709

Try looking at the CPU tab too.

X5670 and GTX 1660 should work and work well.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 1:20 AM, Fasauceome said:

It uses a PCIe X16 connection, any graphics card is compatible. As for CPU, what processor is in there right now? Googling the 5520 chipset listed, I found this

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006567/server-products.html

Thank you everyone for replying. currently my pc has intel Xeon E5645. Also i Want to also include that my motherboard has 2 cpu sockets. i have included cpu details also.

cpu.JPG

11 minutes ago, atharv1998 said:

Thank you everyone for replying. currently my pc has intel Xeon E5645. Also i Want to also include that my motherboard has 2 cpu sockets. i have included cpu details also

do you know the model of the PC you have? some, like my HP proliant, are not technically validated for X series xeon CPUs, but will work with some, and the X series like an X5670 are the best for gaming in this generation. It would also make sense to only have one, to save power, because a single 6 core CPU with hyperthreading is plenty for gaming.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 9/20/2019 at 1:20 AM, Fasauceome said:

my pc model is HP Z600 Workstation. I just want to upgrade my pc to be able to do some decent gaming. 

27 minutes ago, atharv1998 said:

my pc model is HP Z600 Workstation. I just want to upgrade my pc to be able to do some decent gaming. 

This post on the HP forum

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5053635

seems to say any LGA 1366 CPU is compatible. You should try to find a good deal on anything like a Xeon X5650, 5660, 5670, 5675, etc.

Primary PC: