my ud3 board handles my 8120 @ 4.7 ghz just fine, planning on ocing even more

nice yea i goign for the 990fxa-ud3 for $145

cheers and i hope their will be a bios update for when steamroller comes out

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

nice yea i goign for the 990fxa-ud3 for $145

cheers and i hope their will be a bios update for when steamroller comes out

hey im just asking i read some review does ur vrms got really hot

I would recommend the Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 because I love their UEFI UI interface. Very easy to use imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ ....

I picked up that board for my son for $129.99 + tax and shipping and there is the $10 rebate.  I purchased it at NCIX recently.  While I needed an upgrade for my son's pc I too like others am hoping that this will be able to use some future AMD cpus.  The motherboard looks really nice and it has SLI/Crossfire but I believe no Quad SLI/Crossfire capabilities but really nice for the price.  I would recommend it to others looking for an AM3+ motherboard.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I would recommend the Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 because I love their UEFI UI interface. Very easy to use imo.

ok so which one Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ $145

or

asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 for i can egt this one for $120 off gumtree and i live australia

If you like Asus boards then the M5A99 FX pro R2.0 is a real good board for the money, i have one and never a problem plus 990FX chipset means duel 16x pci-e

The new Sabertooth Gen 3 is just come out which is an awesome board but will cost a little more.

got to love Asus components

If you like Asus boards then the M5A99 FX pro R2.0 is a real good board for the money, i have one and never a problem plus 990FX chipset means duel 16x pci-e

The new Sabertooth Gen 3 is just come out which is an awesome board but will cost a little more.

hows the Asus M5A97 R2

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ ....

I picked up that board for my son for $129.99 + tax and shipping and there is the $10 rebate.  I purchased it at NCIX recently.  While I needed an upgrade for my son's pc I too like others am hoping that this will be able to use some future AMD cpus.  The motherboard looks really nice and it has SLI/Crossfire but I believe no Quad SLI/Crossfire capabilities but really nice for the price.  I would recommend it to others looking for an AM3+ motherboard.

I have to say, you're quite the cool dad for doing that !

hows the Asus M5A97 R2

The main differences between this (970) vs the Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 (990FX) is their multi-graphics support. The 970 chipset can go up to 2 way crossfire while the 990FX chipset supports 4 way SLI/Crossfire.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I have a biostar TA990FXE with a phenom ii x4 965 @3.6ghz

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

well i will only be doing a single gpu so i dont need a board that does 4way cf or sli so the  Asus M5A97 R2 is ok for overclocking

well i will only be doing a single gpu so i dont need a board that does 4way cf or sli so the  Asus M5A97 R2 is ok for overclocking

This motherboard will handle your 4.0ghz overclock and you can use AI Suite 2 to automatically overclock your cpu but this software is buggy sometimes so use this software if you really don't want to manually overclock your cpu.

ASUS Crosshair v Formula z All Day, and its look good too.... And its cheaper than ever!!!

£150 UK

$200 USA

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

• 2 weeks later...

990fxa-ud7 here absolutely killer board  :)

For sure get a 990FX board, there is a few from all the different manufactures, all depends on personnel preferance.

I have a Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0 its pretty good board, if you want better then the Sabertooth (gen 3) is recommended or look at the other manufactures.

got to love Asus components