Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO ram and aura sync

Go to solution Solved by St.Nick,

Yeah, the Trident Z Neo line is specifically for Ryzen 3000 though. That really just means most motherboard vendors have it ojn their QVL and thus xmp profiles exist for it on x570 boards and they guarantee stability with it. More attractive is the pricing and the large variety of 3600 mhz kits with decent to good timings. My recommendation would be 3600 over 3200, mostly because they do generally work out of the box with minimal setup and running IF and your ram in 1 to 1 does help squeeze out some performance. LTT has a pretty decent video on the impact of ram speed and timings on the new ryzen platform and G-skills rgb implementation works better with other ecosystems. Corsairs vengeance pros are still really designed for using icue for their lighting control and ask a pretty big premium for their Rgb. At least overhere the 3200 mhz cl18 corsair vengeance pro (white) kit was still 35 euroes more expensive then G-skills 3600 mhz cl 16 neo kit.

Hi guys, 

I am looking to build a new pc with some rgb goodness and i'm interested in buying an Asus ROG Strix motherboard and some Corsair Vengeance RGB pro ram. 

I was looking into the fact if the rgb is Asus Aura sync compatible and it seems that only recently Corsair has released an iCue plugin that would enable Aura sync to control the vengeance rgb pro ram modules. 

See article here: ENABLING AURA SYNC CONTROL FOR YOUR CORSAIR RGB MEMORY

But as this is so recent I can't find any experiences online and i'm wondering if anyone here had any experience with this? Or knows some forum posts or just any information in general concerning this topic.  :)   
I would like to answer some questions like, is it working well, does the iCue software needs active all the time for syncing with Aura, does the link with Aura Sync remain after reboots? 

I know the G.Skill Trident Z series are compatible with Aura sync out of the box but I like the look of the Vengeance ram more so I want to go for that, unless anyone can really convince me with good reasons why the Trident Z series is better. :) 

Grtz, 

Stino

I can probably test this since one of my builds uses a C7H and the RAM in question.

I'll give it a shot if no one else responds by the time I get home.

Just now, Den-Fi said:

I can probably test this since one of my builds uses a C7H and the RAM in question.

I'll give it a shot if no one else responds by the time I get home.

My Corsair Vengeance RGB worked fine until I installed iCUE and it had nasty arguments with Aura over whose turn it was on the RGB. I don't know if the changed that for the Pro version, but it should work. If you plan to run iCUE for anything else, I'd go for G.Skill or any other brand that supports Aura instead though, so iCUE won't try and grab the RAM. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Zando Bob said:

My Corsair Vengeance RGB worked fine until I installed iCUE and it had nasty arguments with Aura over whose turn it was on the RGB. I don't know if the changed that for the Pro version, but it should work. If you plan to run iCUE for anything else, I'd go for G.Skill or any other brand that supports Aura instead though, so iCUE won't try and grab the RAM. 

Yeah, this happens with my non-Pro kit, but I have no experience with the Pro.

Are you running a new Ryzen 3000 Cpu? Then G-skill neo's might be a better choice if your looking for low latency 3600 mhz ram simply because the vengeance pros have a very limited range of speed and timings. If your running intel just pick what you like, it matters far less.

16 hours ago, Zando Bob said:

16 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

Yeah, this happens with my non-Pro kit, but I have no experience with the Pro.

Well i was sort of hoping of finding out if that plugin for the pro series fixes that all and makes it much more straightforward.
And no I have nothing else that I plan to run on iCue.   

15 hours ago, St.Nick said:

Are you running a new Ryzen 3000 Cpu? Then G-skill neo's might be a better choice if your looking for low latency 3600 mhz ram simply because the vengeance pros have a very limited range of speed and timings. If your running intel just pick what you like, it matters far less.

Well I'm planning on going for a Ryzen 5 3600 since i'm on a budget and have also found out that G.skill has trident Z ram specifically for AMD platforms. http://www.gskill.com/products/2/165/167/Trident-Z-RGB-(For-AMD)

But does it really matter that much? Because i have found Vengeance RGB Pro sticks with the exact same frequency and timings as the trident Z kit I was looking at. 
I'm planning on going for 16gb (2x8) 3200Mhz CL16 memory and both manufacturers have the same so I thought i'd go for the one where I like the looks the most. :) 
Untill I was questioning this rgb feature, if the software side would be to much hassle, i'd still go for the trident Z. I don't want to be starting up 2 softwares and linking them each time I boot and making sure it's synced, that's just not what I want. 

Yeah, the Trident Z Neo line is specifically for Ryzen 3000 though. That really just means most motherboard vendors have it ojn their QVL and thus xmp profiles exist for it on x570 boards and they guarantee stability with it. More attractive is the pricing and the large variety of 3600 mhz kits with decent to good timings. My recommendation would be 3600 over 3200, mostly because they do generally work out of the box with minimal setup and running IF and your ram in 1 to 1 does help squeeze out some performance. LTT has a pretty decent video on the impact of ram speed and timings on the new ryzen platform and G-skills rgb implementation works better with other ecosystems. Corsairs vengeance pros are still really designed for using icue for their lighting control and ask a pretty big premium for their Rgb. At least overhere the 3200 mhz cl18 corsair vengeance pro (white) kit was still 35 euroes more expensive then G-skills 3600 mhz cl 16 neo kit.

3 hours ago, St.Nick said:

Well I have looked up a bit more on the Trident Z memory and I think i'm going to stick with them for the better stability and to have less hassle when it comes to linking or using the RGB. 

I know 3600 would be better but my motherboard only supports up to 3466 (ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming) and since i'm on a budget (and this stuff is not so cheap in Belgium) i'm kind of forced to go with X470 and 3200 memory. 

Thanks for the help, at least i now know that i want to go for Trident Z.