C# linux Ui similar to Windows Forms

dragonboy144

I am looking for an C# Ui that works on linux where you can drag and drop Ui elements like on Windows Forms

That doesn't exist, first and foremost because those features of C# are proprietary and depend on Windows to function. If you want something similar you can try Qt Creator and use C++.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, C2dan88 said:

Doesn't MonoDevelop have a GUI designer for C#

Yes. Mono has "winforms" and it is cross platform (max, linux, windows). It's also the closest to the Visual Studio Winform designer.

Optionally for interface and C# you have Electron with .net core  and it works "well". Very slow interface language but it does the job.

There is a GUI resource editor called Glade. You make your UI, then with GTK (or in this case GTK#) load that resource. It's somewhat more manual than WinForms, but it works. You'll have a nice and quick GUI.

I know for sure GTK# works with Mono, not sure about .NET Core, you'll have to find out yourself.

When I last needed to make a forms-styled UI I used Glade to design(with GTK) and Vala as the coding language(pretty similar to C#, easy to learn)