Help me Choose a PSU

The system I'm building is:

- Ryzen 5 3600

- RX 5700 XT

- 16GB DDR4 (probably 3200MHz 15CL)

- 2 Storage Units [1TB 7200RPM (probably) and a 2TB 5800 which is my old storage]

- B450 Tomahawk (most likely)

My question is (you guessed it!) the ideal PSU for the system.

Now, I've read some things about PSUs, included the "How many Watts do I need" thread on this forum, but I still don't know exactly what to look for.

It seems as though there is virtually no difference in the specifications between PSUs (about 90% of them have similar wattage and are rated 80 Plus Bronze), most models make no mention of the 12V rail, brand-names sometimes cost less than no-names, and sometimes higher wattage PSUs of the same brand and with the same features cost less than their lower wattage counterparts...

So...

What should I get to power this system reliably?

The calculator from Outervision recommends the EVGA 650W BQ 80 Plus Bronze. Even though the recommended wattage is 457 watts, Outervision recommends a PSU of 650W. I understand that I need headroom, but would 600W not suffice? Also I am not 100% sure that I will be able to get my hands on the PSU mentioned above.

From what I've seen on offer from local vendors, PSUs that come at a comparable price and meet the specs from Outervision are:

- Cooler Master MWE 650W, 230V, 80Plus Bronze

- Corsair Builder Series CX, 750 Watt, ATX, EPS12V

- Deepcool DA600-M 600W 80Plus Bronze Black

- Deepcool DA700N 700W 80Plus Bronze Black (this one costs less than the 600W one)

- Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 600W, 230V, 80Plus

Are these good?

I am open to suggestions.

I am not looking to overclock or make significant upgrades in the near future. I just want a stable and reliable PSU for what will be my most powerful system to date.

Peace

Your system only needs about 350W under load. Even with maxed overclocks you'd struggle to reach 450W. Get a Be Quiet Straight Power 11 550W Gold or BitFenis Formula 550W gold. Or a Cooler Master MWE 550W Gold

500-600 watt is a good choice but if you really wanna go for cheap then you can do even lower which I would not recommend.

As of now, I have access only to the Cooler Master MWE Gold 550W.

@5x5

Should I go for it, or should I try to order some of the other ones you recommended?

8 minutes ago, Katarn said:

As of now, I have access only to the Cooler Master MWE Gold 550W.

@5x5

Should I go for it, or should I try to order some of the other ones you recommended?

MWE Gold is solid. Grab it

Very well then. The Cooler Master is the safe bet.

I just talked to the retailer. Since they export from other places, I should be able to get a bigger catalogue. I will post here once I get the prices for each model you recommended.