Computer not turning on and monitor displaying pink pixels

iHeal
Go to solution Solved by iHeal,
8 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

How old is the card?

It’s about 2 weeks old. I just returned it and bought another one. Everything seems to be working fine now. Seems that I had just bought a defective card. 

backstory: I had recently built a new computer about 2 weeks ago and it was working perfectly fine. Specs are listed below. Recently I was playing Minecraft and my pc just froze. I had then turned off my computer and tried to restart it. Upon turning my computer on, I was displayed with pink pixels on my screen which appeared to be glitching.

I logged on, ran malware bytes and saw that I had no viruses or Trojans. (Pink pixels were still occurring)

When I right clicked on my desktop I also had noticed that NVIDIA control panel had no longer been there so I checked my drivers and it said I had an update even though I was already on the latest firmware. 

Now I don’t know too much about computers but I downloaded the “Corsair fix” software and wanted to see if I could check my power usage. While I didn’t find that, there was something under my cpu section. I’m not 100% what it said but I believe it was something along the lines of “Vcore 1.9”. I assumed that it was my voltages. 

Now I’m pretty sure that the max voltage should be at 1.425 so I’m not too sure what do to.

Present: My computer will turn on, but no display is being show. I have also removed my graphics card and plugged my monitor cables into my motherboard. Still no sign of anything coming on.

The only overclocking I ever did to my computer was putting my ram from stock 2133mhz to 3200mhz by enabling XMP in my bios. Other than that I have not overclocked my gpu or cpu.

My solution is to get a new power supply, but I wanted to ask if anyone would possibly know the solution to my problem

SPECS:

Asus 2070 Super OC

Aorus X570 pro WiFi

2x 8gb 3200 MHz g.skill ram

Ryzen 7 3700x

Corsair 650W PSU semi modular

M.2 nvme Samsung 512gb

Case: some cooler master rgb one that comes with 4 built in fans

I purchased all of my parts from micro center, so if I can’t find a solution I am most likely going to have to go to their support center

All comments appreciated!

Ryzen doesnt have an iGPU, I'd suggest trying a different GPU first or trying that GPU in another system

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Update: I replugged my gpu and my computer started working fine. I opened up Minecraft again, and in control panel the “power usage” said very high for Minecraft. After about 30 seconds my computer crashed again. Would this have to do with not having enough watts in my power supply?

16 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Ryzen doesnt have an iGPU, I'd suggest trying a different GPU first or trying that GPU in another system

I replugged my gpu and my computer started working fine. I opened up Minecraft again, and in control panel the “power usage” said very high for Minecraft. After about 30 seconds my computer crashed again. Would this have to do with not having enough watts in my power supply?

30 minutes ago, iHeal said:

I replugged my gpu and my computer started working fine. I opened up Minecraft again, and in control panel the “power usage” said very high for Minecraft. After about 30 seconds my computer crashed again. Would this have to do with not having enough watts in my power supply?

That 650W Corsair unit should be more than enough for a rig like this.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

9 hours ago, iHeal said:

Unlikely unless the PSU is faulty, what are GPU temps like

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Unlikely unless the PSU is faulty, what are GPU temps like

Around 40c, but it could possibly be a faulty gpu because after I turn on my computer after this crash, I start to get randomly get pink pixels on my screen and nvidia GeForce experience is no longer installed on my computer

2 hours ago, iHeal said:

Around 40c, but it could possibly be a faulty gpu because after I turn on my computer after this crash, I start to get randomly get pink pixels on my screen and nvidia GeForce experience is no longer installed on my computer

How old is the card?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

How old is the card?

It’s about 2 weeks old. I just returned it and bought another one. Everything seems to be working fine now. Seems that I had just bought a defective card. 

2 hours ago, iHeal said:

This was going to be my recommendation. GDDR6 seems finicky to say the least

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240