Phanteks P600S case for build

I Josh I
Go to solution Solved by Triboal,
9 hours ago, I Josh I said:

Ah ok. This may be an ignorant question, but, is there a way a to tell if your case is more negative or positive pressure? I would assume its a bit of trial an error. But I guess if you get a large build up of dust, the case is more negatively pressured, and if there is little dust after an allotted amount of time, than the the case air flow is more positively pressured.  

Not ignorant at all, it's a valid question and you've pretty much answered it yourself. Just check the state of your dust filters after say 2 or 3 months and see how they are. In my build I've gone with the default setup it came with simply because I'm running an aircooler on my CPU and don't feel like I need top exhaust fans.

I've put my front fans at higher fan curves and the rear has defaulted to the same speed because it's connected to the fan hub but because it's 2 intake versus 1 exhaust I've got a positive pressure setup. But like @TVwazhere said there are other ways of achieving the same results. I've kept my fan curves the same and changed my intake:exhaust fan ratio. You can just as easily do the opposite and keep the same number of fans and change the intake:exhaust fan curve ratio to accommodate a positive pressure build.

Like I've stated in my previous posts, the P600s offers a lot of flexibility (not to say there aren't other cases that can do the same, there are, but the aesthetics and build qualities are other pros the P600s has going for it) in terms of cooling setups. The included fan hub is a nice bonus which I wasn't actually aware of when I bought the case. In short, you're spoiled for choice basically. 

Hi all!

So I have been collecting the parts for my new system and the last thing that is on my list is the case. I have looked at many cases but the Phanteks P600S really stuck out to me. Its fairly simplistic, looks easy to build in, and has good air flow (apparently).  I am wondering  if anyone has any particular thoughts on this case, and or have any better recommendations.

Case: https://www.newegg.ca/black-phanteks-eclipse-p600s-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854083?Item=N82E16811854083

Thanks for the input and help!

My build:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

AIO deepcool captain 240EX RGB liquid cooler

Gigabyte X570 gaming x ATX

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4-3600

Samsung 970 evo M.2 1TB

XFX radeon RX 5700 8 GB

Corsair 750 W 80+ Gold ATX power supply

No case!

I've just built in it and I've loved it. I feel like the build quality is excellent, the accessories you get with it are nice (GPU anti-sag add-on, bracket for vertical GPU although you need the riser cable for it, etc.) and the screws come in a nicely organised box which can be useful in general for future builds for organising yourself.

My only alternative suggestion would be the Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic seeing as you have an AIO in that build and the case is also very pretty and easy to build in.

2 minutes ago, GeLi said:

I've just built in it and I've loved it. I feel like the build quality is excellent, the accessories you get with it are nice (GPU anti-sag add-on, bracket for vertical GPU although you need the riser cable for it, etc.) and the screws come in a nicely organised box which can be useful in general for future builds for organising yourself.

My only alternative suggestion would be the Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic seeing as you have an AIO in that build and the case is also very pretty and easy to build in.

I think I won't be doing any vertical GPU mounting, so that's no problem. Yeah I saw the Lian-Li PC-O11 dynamic, Though, I just find there is a little to much glass for me.

Do you think that the AIO would be a problem in the Phanteks case? 

7 minutes ago, I Josh I said:

I think I won't be doing any vertical GPU mounting, so that's no problem. Yeah I saw the Lian-Li PC-O11 dynamic, Though, I just find there is a little to much glass for me.

Do you think that the AIO would be a problem in the Phanteks case? 

I mentioned the vertical GPU thing because one of the biggest selling points for me about the P600s is the flexibility. You can mount your GPU vertically and you can even do a dual system. I know that's not for everyone but for me it stands as an opportunity to try that out in the future. With regards to aesthetics, temperatures and acoustics it's very good in all three departments.

No I don't. I only mentioned the Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic because it's another pretty case which is focused more on liquid cooling. But you can easily do liquid cooling on the P600s given its radiator and fan support on the front and top. 

7 minutes ago, GeLi said:

I mentioned the vertical GPU thing because one of the biggest selling points for me about the P600s is the flexibility. You can mount your GPU vertically and you can even do a dual system. I know that's not for everyone but for me it stands as an opportunity to try that out in the future. With regards to aesthetics, temperatures and acoustics it's very good in all three departments.

No I don't. I only mentioned the Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic because it's another pretty case which is focused more on liquid cooling. But you can easily do liquid cooling on the P600s given its radiator and fan support on the front and top. 

Oh yeah no problem, good to know. I mean maybe in the future I would do some vertical GPU mounting, you never know. 

Like the Lian-Li PC-O11 is a very nice case, but I think it would be better suited for someone who would do either custom looping or more of a RGB stylized build. I am not personally planning on making my build all RGB or doing custom looping. So that extra front panel being glass for the looks, does not interest me and would seem like a waste. 

For the Phanteks P600S, how many fans and size can you mount on the front? Like if I was to use this case, I would like to put 3 120mm fans at the front as intake, than set my 240mm AIO cooler  fans at the top as exhaust, and than 1 120mm at the very back as exhaust as well. 3 in, 3 out. 

29 minutes ago, I Josh I said:

Oh yeah no problem, good to know. I mean maybe in the future I would do some vertical GPU mounting, you never know. 

Like the Lian-Li PC-O11 is a very nice case, but I think it would be better suited for someone who would do either custom looping or more of a RGB stylized build. I am not personally planning on making my build all RGB or doing custom looping. So that extra front panel being glass for the looks, does not interest me and would seem like a waste. 

For the Phanteks P600S, how many fans and size can you mount on the front? Like if I was to use this case, I would like to put 3 120mm fans at the front as intake, than set my 240mm AIO cooler  fans at the top as exhaust, and than 1 120mm at the very back as exhaust as well. 3 in, 3 out. 

That’s fair enough man. 

The P600s supports at the front 120, 280, 360mm radiators (3x 120 mm fans) and 140, 280 and 420mm radiators (3x 140mm fans). At the top it supports 120 and 240mm radiators (2x 120mm fans) and 140 and 280mm radiators (2x 140mm fans). And the rear supports 1x 120mm fan and 1x 140mm fan. The case comes with 2x 140mm fans at the front and 1x 140mm fan at the rear, all connected to the mounted fan hub on the back of the motherboard tray/mount thing. 

So yeah, it can definitely accommodate the setup you’re thinking of doing. I would recommend going positive pressure to reduce dust build up, Hardware Canucks demonstrated this in one of their YouTube videos

I would go 3x 140mm fans at the front (they’re less noisier and move more air), 240mm AIO as exhaust and that’s it. Run the front fans at higher fan curves than the AIO and you should be fine. There’s definitely other ways of doing this and it comes down to preference really.

24 minutes ago, GeLi said:

That’s fair enough man. 

The P600s supports at the front 120, 280, 360mm radiators (3x 120 mm fans) and 140, 280 and 420mm radiators (3x 140mm fans). At the top it supports 120 and 240mm radiators (2x 120mm fans) and 140 and 280mm radiators (2x 140mm fans). And the rear supports 1x 120mm fan and 1x 140mm fan. The case comes with 2x 140mm fans at the front and 1x 140mm fan at the rear, all connected to the mounted fan hub on the back of the motherboard tray/mount thing. 

So yeah, it can definitely accommodate what you’re thinking. I would recommend going positive pressure to reduce dust build up, Hardware Canucks demonstrated this in one of their YouTube videos

Sounds like a good setup to me. Do you think it would it hurt to add a 120mm at the rear? Or would that create a negative air pressure? 

25 minutes ago, I Josh I said:

Sounds like a good setup to me. Do you think it would it hurt to add a 120mm at the rear? Or would that create a negative air pressure? 

You can have (as an example) two fans as intake and four fans as exhaust and still have positive pressure. It's all about fan speed and airflow, not the number of fans. So if you had more exhasut than intake, just lower the exhaust fan speeds so that you're not creating negative pressure.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

You can have (as an example) two fans as intake and four fans as exhaust and still have positive pressure. It's all about fan speed and airflow, not the number of fans. So if you had more exhasut than intake, just lower the exhaust fan speeds so that you're not creating negative pressure.

Ah ok. This may be an ignorant question, but, is there a way a to tell if your case is more negative or positive pressure? I would assume its a bit of trial an error. But I guess if you get a large build up of dust, the case is more negatively pressured, and if there is little dust after an allotted amount of time, than the the case air flow is more positively pressured.  

9 hours ago, I Josh I said:

Not ignorant at all, it's a valid question and you've pretty much answered it yourself. Just check the state of your dust filters after say 2 or 3 months and see how they are. In my build I've gone with the default setup it came with simply because I'm running an aircooler on my CPU and don't feel like I need top exhaust fans.

I've put my front fans at higher fan curves and the rear has defaulted to the same speed because it's connected to the fan hub but because it's 2 intake versus 1 exhaust I've got a positive pressure setup. But like @TVwazhere said there are other ways of achieving the same results. I've kept my fan curves the same and changed my intake:exhaust fan ratio. You can just as easily do the opposite and keep the same number of fans and change the intake:exhaust fan curve ratio to accommodate a positive pressure build.

Like I've stated in my previous posts, the P600s offers a lot of flexibility (not to say there aren't other cases that can do the same, there are, but the aesthetics and build qualities are other pros the P600s has going for it) in terms of cooling setups. The included fan hub is a nice bonus which I wasn't actually aware of when I bought the case. In short, you're spoiled for choice basically. 

5 hours ago, GeLi said:

Well I appreciate your time explaining how positive pressure is achieved and your thoughts about the case, very insightful. It seems like an awesome case, that has everything I am looking for in a case. I will probably poke around to see what is else out there in the world of cases, but I think that the Phanteks P600S is the one for me. :)

Also thanks for the response @TVwazhere. Duly noted.