Corsair RM750x: Additional PSU cable

LUK
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

It is completely pointless. Any board review you see on these will echo that sentiment. I have a 3900X and even when I use benchmarking clocks of 4.4 on all cores, it is completely fine.

Hi,

i am in the process of upgrading my self-built rig. I am upgrading from i7 6700K to Ryzen 9 3900x.

My problem is this:
I built my rig in 2016 and bought a Corsair RM750x PSU for the system. At the time, this model included only one EPS 4+4 pin cable. The X570 MOBO has an 8-pin and a 4 pin socket. I want maximum stability so I would like to have the additiona 4-pin even if(?) i can run the system with 8-pin only, but i don't know where to get it. I tried CableMod, they have a minimum order of 70 EUR (I live in Europe) and the Corsair site doesn't have a compatible extra and most of them are out of stock anway.

I am aware that cables from other brands or even other series within Corsair are not compatible so I am looking for help/ideas please.

Thank you in advance.

Asus Prime X570 Pro | AMD R9 3900X | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb 3000MHz CL15 | Asus Strix GTX 1080 A8G | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM750x | Noctua NH-D15

9 minutes ago, LUK said:

I want maximum stability

you will have it with an 8 pin only. The difference in stability does not manifest itself until you are doing extreme overclocking with liquid nitrogen, and even then it's almost negligible.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It is completely pointless. Any board review you see on these will echo that sentiment. I have a 3900X and even when I use benchmarking clocks of 4.4 on all cores, it is completely fine.

12 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

you will have it with an 8 pin only. The difference in stability does not manifest itself until you are doing extreme overclocking with liquid nitrogen, and even then it's almost negligible.

11 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

If it's true that AMD measures TDP at boost clock, then i guess i really don't need it for 10 W TDP difference (95 vs 105). The wonders of a dye shrink i guess.

Thank you ever so much.

Asus Prime X570 Pro | AMD R9 3900X | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb 3000MHz CL15 | Asus Strix GTX 1080 A8G | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM750x | Noctua NH-D15

2 minutes ago, LUK said:

If it's true that AMD measures TDP at boost clock, then i guess i really don't need it for 10 W TDP difference (95 vs 105). The wonders of a dye shrink i guess.

Thank you ever so much.

No prob! Personally, it drives me nuts that they even include it because I hate having the socket empty on the mobo. Looks so wrong to me.

A 8 pin connector is good enough for like 380watts as Buildzoid stated IIRC. So you will probably be able to kill anything on your board before the connector melt.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

8 hours ago, FALC0N said:

Your rig built itself?  That's extremely impressive!  

????

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS.

I'm not a native speaker, obviously, my bad.