27'' 1440p 144Hz monitor recommendations.

Totalimus

Hello guys, I'm currently looking to buy myself a new gaming monitor but I'm so lost in this sea of choices that maybe someone could give me a good recommendation.

It needs to be 27 inches, 2560x1440 (No curved screens) resolution, 120-144Hz and one of the most important things: must have good colors.

I had a gaming Zowie BenQ XL2430 monitor in the past but the colors were terrible so I decided to switch.

Been using Dell U2717D since December and honestly I love it since the colors are so good but I do notice little bit of tearing in games because it is a 60Hz screen so would like to go for an upgrade.

Have you checked out the Acer Predator series? I've herd nothing but good reviews about this monitor. Picture and color is great, and the design is next level. It really depends on your budget. 

Acer Nitro series has very good offerings and are well priced.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

33 minutes ago, Totalimus said:

Hello guys, I'm currently looking to buy myself a new gaming monitor but I'm so lost in this sea of choices that maybe someone could give me a good recommendation.

It needs to be 27 inches, 2560x1440 (No curved screens) resolution, 120-144Hz and one of the most important things: must have good colors.

I had a gaming Zowie BenQ XL2430 monitor in the past but the colors were terrible so I decided to switch.

Been using Dell U2717D since December and honestly I love it since the colors are so good but I do notice little bit of tearing in games because it is a 60Hz screen so would like to go for an upgrade.

Gigabyte aurus AD27QD!

or the new LG ultragear monitor

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

This is the monitor I use personally and love it. it was also one of the original 12 on the Nvidia G-sync compatible freesync monitors when it launched earlier this year. It has actually surprising good colors for a TN panel and is quite bright as well at 350nit peak brightness.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VRCLHYS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Thank you for all the recommendations.
Currently seems like Acer Predator XB271HU could be my best choice which costs 560 euros where I'm from. LG 27GL850 (UltraGear lineup) looks magnificent but is quite a bit more expensive - 680 euros (which is insane since I saw Linus in his video review being able to buy it for 500$). Also LG is only g-sync compatible whereas Acer has the full module, people on reddit said there is a difference in input lag between the two so I'm kinda torn between them.

On 9/8/2019 at 5:45 PM, Totalimus said:

Asus recently released:

VG27AQ: 27" 1440p IPS, 1ms, 155hz (or maybe 165hz, conflicting marketing), G-Sync, --> https://www.asus.com/Monitors/TUF-Gaming-VG27AQ/

VG27BQ: 27" 1440p TN, 0.4ms (why not 0.5 beats me), 155hz (or maybe 165hz, conflicting marketing), FreeSync, --> https://www.asus.com/Monitors/TUF-Gaming-VG27BQ/

They are both new and one of the cheapest options out there (especially the IPS version). Linus's recent review on the VG27AQ stated an MSRP of US$400ish. It's a very simple monitor which does its job, no curve, non of that unnecessary RGB, however, because it's so simple it also lacks USB ports and speakers.

23 minutes ago, Dayummm said:

Asus recently released:

VG27AQ: 27" 1440p IPS, 1ms, 155hz (or maybe 165hz, conflicting marketing), G-Sync, --> https://www.asus.com/Monitors/TUF-Gaming-VG27AQ/

VG27BQ: 27" 1440p TN, 0.4ms (why not 0.5 beats me), 155hz (or maybe 165hz, conflicting marketing), FreeSync, --> https://www.asus.com/Monitors/TUF-Gaming-VG27BQ/

They are both new and one of the cheapest options out there (especially the IPS version). Linus's recent review on the VG27AQ stated an MSRP of US$400ish. It's a very simple monitor which does its job, no curve, non of that unnecessary RGB, however, because it's so simple it also lacks USB ports and speakers.

Since I need good colors, IPS is the only kind of monitor I am looking for.

I did check VG27AQ out yesterday, it costs 550 euros where I'm from. :(

It does cost the same as Acer Predator XB271HU though, so I guess I should go for VG27AQ?

17 minutes ago, Totalimus said:

Since I need good colors, IPS is the only kind of monitor I am looking for.

I did check VG27AQ out yesterday, it costs 550 euros where I'm from. :(

It does cost the same as Acer Predator XB271HU though, so I guess I should go for VG27AQ?

Where i live the XB271HU ($899-1000) is priced significantly higher than the VG27AQ ($699) so the Asus option is a no brainer for me. In you country Acer probably adjusted their prices to match the current market knowing well that 144hz 1440p monitor prices are dropping (as seen with the new LG also costing around US$400), however, acer is probably still using the same technology over 2 years ago. But then again, with numerous reviews for an older model, it can provide better QC which is a good thing. Not much is known about the VG27AQ yet.

I guess what you should be concerned with right now with a 10 euro difference is the customer support service should something happen (or has a longer warranty period).

44 minutes ago, Dayummm said:

Where i live the XB271HU ($899-1000) is priced significantly higher than the VG27AQ ($699) so the Asus option is a no brainer for me. In you country Acer probably adjusted their prices to match the current market knowing well that 144hz 1440p monitor prices are dropping (as seen with the new LG also costing around US$400), however, acer is probably still using the same technology over 2 years ago. But then again, with numerous reviews for an older model, it can provide better QC which is a good thing. Not much is known about the VG27AQ yet.

I guess what you should be concerned with right now with a 10 euro difference is the customer support service should something happen (or has a longer warranty period).

Alright, I guess VG27AQ it is then unless I manage to find something better till I sell my current 1440p monitor.

1 hour ago, Totalimus said:

Alright, I guess VG27AQ it is then unless I manage to find something better till I sell my current 1440p monitor.

The only thing stopping me from getting the same monitor, is a 34” Alienware monitor. But my indecisiveness aside, the VG27AQ is a decent choice.