Falling for the Mac laptops help me turn away

I do online schooling and do it wonderfully on my Msi Gaming laptop. Earlier this week I got in a pinch and just could not use that unwieldy laptop since I had to work in the car. I turned to my girlfriend who has a macbook im unsure of the specs but it just worked. That thing was sweet I had like zero leg room, crammed in the back of a car and still pumped out like 3 hours of homework like a breeze. It was a great experience with how light and how quick the mac os is. To make the story shorter I am looking for a somewhat budget laptop that is fast for schooling, maybe like ultra light gaming, I can be in a pinch no worries and be ultra light. It needs to run full windows the programs I use are light but wont run on chrome os. Please dont let me turn to mac I hate to go down that rabbit whole. 

TL;DR : I am looking for a lightweight windows laptop that can run maybe light games and be lighting quick with having alot of tabs and docs open at once. Will be a primary driver for my online schooling. Thank you any help would be much appreciated

22 minutes ago, Onimiles said:

I do online schooling and do it wonderfully on my Msi Gaming laptop. Earlier this week I got in a pinch and just could not use that unwieldy laptop since I had to work in the car. I turned to my girlfriend who has a macbook im unsure of the specs but it just worked. That thing was sweet I had like zero leg room, crammed in the back of a car and still pumped out like 3 hours of homework like a breeze. It was a great experience with how light and how quick the mac os is. To make the story shorter I am looking for a somewhat budget laptop that is fast for schooling, maybe like ultra light gaming, I can be in a pinch no worries and be ultra light. It needs to run full windows the programs I use are light but wont run on chrome os. Please dont let me turn to mac I hate to go down that rabbit whole. 

TL;DR : I am looking for a lightweight windows laptop that can run maybe light games and be lighting quick with having alot of tabs and docs open at once. Will be a primary driver for my online schooling. Thank you any help would be much appreciated

HP Envy 13” - got one myself couple weeks back and it’s amazing. Weighsnothing, battery a solid 7-9hours (12 if pushing) and boots in like 10 secs. It’s the AQ0 series of the envy. Also has a aluminium case which is a nice touch 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 hour ago, Onimiles said:

… it just worked. That thing was sweet I had like zero leg room, crammed in the back of a car and still pumped out like 3 hours of homework like a breeze. It was a great experience with how light and how quick the mac os is.

Ah Macbooks. I'm not the best to recommend an alternative machine, but I've been a mac user for years so I thought this might help 'turn you away', haha.

The balanced view is that they aren't terrible. My MacBook Air was a godsend at uni with its 12+ hour battery life, and I really enjoyed my iMac when I had one; macOS used to be the epitome of 'it just works', and it's still a good ecosystem for creative work like graphic design. The novelty of it when you first use a Mac can be quite compelling.

But macOS gets more progressively more irritating with every update, as Apple strives to make it more iOS-like (and they've released some really poorly-designed features in the past, like 'Documents and Desktop', which jumbles all your files up between iCloud and local storage). Macbook hardware has really gone downhill over the years too, with terrible thermal performance, iffy construction, pretty underwhelming graphics, and expensive-but-useless gimmicks like the touch bar. Macbooks are also notorious for refusing to connect to wifi (which I can confirm is a very real thing!), AirDrop only works when it feels like it, Time Machine backups are excellent until they get randomly corrupted, Macbooks occasionally refuse to connect to external displays... and all Macs are really, really expensive (though they do hold their value so you can eBay it if you get sick of it). And let's not talk about the infamous butterfly keyboard.

Basically, Macbooks and macOS used to be a really refreshing alternative to Windows and Windows laptops, but Apple has really lost its way with the Mac line, IMHO. Even their target market of creatives started to turn away, and last year Apple had to scramble to regain their favour. So, advice from a Mac user? Don't get one. At least not for another couple of years, until Apple sorts itself out.

Hope this helps!