Need help, games feel laggy with 200+ fps

IIGodlikemode
Hello everyone so my problem is that everygame i run feels laggy , choppy even if i have high fps at 144 hz it still feels laggy no matter what, at 144 fps its unplayable everytime i move my mouse i get 2 horizontaly blury lines across the screen , if leave the fps uncaped or caped at 140 fps it gets slightly better but still feels bad also the mouse movement is weird , i never had such a problem even with lower end pcs back in 2013/14 i would play csgo for example a lower end pc but it never felt like this and i allways play at the lowest settings , its to the point that it makes me worse at games because i cant aim properly and makes me not want to play i get really frustrated because this setup should run it with no problems

i tried vsync , gsync with vsync on / off , vsync i dont like to use it because of the input lag with gsync doesnt really make that much of a diference it only makes my mouse movement seem heavier , i reseated the gpu still the same tried 2 diferent dp cables still same , tried HDMI cable at 120 hz and 120 fps and still same , if anyone has some ideas on what it might be that is causing this i will be apreciated because ive run out of them :/
PS: i noticed that my cpu usage on some cores jump up to 90 % sometimes and my gpu usage stays very low most of the times runs arround 10% sometimes goes to 40% but not often
my setup
cpu i7 8700k oc 4.7 ghz
GPU GTX 1080 8gb
MB asus prime z370p
RAM 2 x 8gb Ripjaws 2400 mhz
PSU 630 W Berlin 80+
Display Optix mag27c 144 hz

What game are you playing when you notice the CPU usage spike up to 90%, and the low GPU usage? Make sure your CPU isn't overheating, and maybe try using the stock settings on your CPU, to make sure your overclock isn't the problem.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Thanks for replying 

currently im playing CSGO but it happens in all games , it just feels really bad playing games on this pc its like as if you were playing a game on 60 hz but with 300 fps and it looks choppy/laggy , my temps are fine for both GPU/CPU cpu spikes up to 64 C's sometimes,  GPU doesnt even reach 50 C's , i reseted everything to default in the bios but still the same , ive noticed that my GPU underload only uses 50% TDP and the perfcap reason is Vrel might that be the problem? i dont know ive ran out of ideas because it is so strange why this is happening i never had such bad performance even back in 2014 with lower end pc's 

Sure windows is using  the dGPU and not the iGPU?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Just now, Stormseeker9 said:

Sure windows is using  the dGPU and not the iGPU?

How can i identify that? 

i changed a option on my bios earlier it was something about iGPU i just set the PCIe at primary display is that it?

Just now, IIGodlikemode said:

How can i identify that? 

i changed a option on my bios earlier it was something about iGPU i just set the PCIe at primary display is that it?

Not familiar with asus bios, but sure somewhere there is an option to disable iGPU. That way pc will use the dGPU as far as I’m aware 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Not familiar with asus bios, but sure somewhere there is an option to disable iGPU. That way pc will use the dGPU as far as I’m aware 

i will try to look for that and see if i find something in the BIOS 

2 minutes ago, IIGodlikemode said:

i will try to look for that and see if i find something in the BIOS 

Within windows there is an option too somewhere.. not sure.

you can also try to set it within nvidia control panel. 

2 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Within windows there should be an option too tho, not entirely sure where

im trying to look for it but im pretty sure thats what i changed earlier on the bios it was on auto and i set it at PCie graphics for the primary display

1 minute ago, IIGodlikemode said:

im trying to look for it but im pretty sure thats what i changed earlier on the bios it was on auto and i set it at PCie graphics for the primary display

Edited  my post. See above 

Edited  my post. See above 

in nvidia CP the only thing i can see is the Physx i can choose between CPU or GPU 

I know that some people have an option in nvidia cp on the program settings tab where you choose between integrated graphics or GPU but it does not show for me 

17 minutes ago, IIGodlikemode said:

in nvidia CP the only thing i can see is the Physx i can choose between CPU or GPU 

I know that some people have an option in nvidia cp on the program settings tab where you choose between integrated graphics or GPU but it does not show for me 

Had a quick google and came across this

Sounds like what you’ve done already

22F56D79-E53B-4613-9448-A0637C97AFAF.png

22 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Had a quick google and came across this

Sounds like what you’ve done already

22F56D79-E53B-4613-9448-A0637C97AFAF.png

yeah i think thats it unfortunately didnt make any diference :(

Check with HWInfo if all the motherboard voltages are good. If not, it could be an issue related to your PSU.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC