Strange buzzing coming from speakers

Lazycat619

Do you have your phone, router, anything networking near the speaker? That used to happen to my old set of speakers

That log seems to be totally unrelated. Speakers buzzed when there is interference since the dawn of time. Nearby phones, or any electric equipment, especially if it's some sort of wireless device, will cause spontaneous buzzing. I used to like this at times, you get buzzing on your speakers right before you get a call or an sms on your phone. Another thing you could do is ensure that your speaker power supply is using the ground wire, this helped big time with guitar amps + speakers, should help here too (properly grounded electronics combats interference better).

One more thing. The PC's audio cards are also sensitive to this. Integrated sound cards do that sometimes, they're on the same board as everything else after all. I remember some WS class motherboard advertising that the onboard audio chip is isolated from the rest of the motherboard for that reason. In this case, the buzzing is not created in the speaker, but is already arriving with buzzing, not much you can do about that I think, except for a dedicated sound card, or external amplifier that runs over usb.

1 hour ago, DevBlox said:

That log seems to be totally unrelated. Speakers buzzed when there is interference since the dawn of time. Nearby phones, or any electric equipment, especially if it's some sort of wireless device, will cause spontaneous buzzing. I used to like this at times, you get buzzing on your speakers right before you get a call or an sms on your phone. Another thing you could do is ensure that your speaker power supply is using the ground wire, this helped big time with guitar amps + speakers, should help here too (properly grounded electronics combats interference better).

One more thing. The PC's audio cards are also sensitive to this. Integrated sound cards do that sometimes, they're on the same board as everything else after all. I remember some WS class motherboard advertising that the onboard audio chip is isolated from the rest of the motherboard for that reason. In this case, the buzzing is not created in the speaker, but is already arriving with buzzing, not much you can do about that I think, except for a dedicated sound card, or external amplifier that runs over usb.

The buzzing coincided with me using task view to put two windows side by side. I know that onboard audio isn't the best but I am using an ix apex with an external amp plugged into it. Do you think that it could still be caused by that?

4 hours ago, OtterlyDumb said:

Do you have your phone, router, anything networking near the speaker? That used to happen to my old set of speakers

My router is about a foot from my PC and about 2 feet from my speakers and external amp. And my phone is in my pocket. But the buzzing coincided with me splitting my screen using task viewer.

It is the same type of buzzing I used to get with BSOD on another computer.

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv