SSD Not Detected

AaronH1212
Go to solution Solved by AaronH1212,

Fix : slot was disabled when m.2 drive is installed so moved cable to different slot and reset PC now working perfectly

so i recently got a new M.2 second hand , was working perfectly but it was the only drive in the system it came from , so it had windows etc already on it . so when i put it into my PC it booted onto the M.2 rather than my main boot drive but when i went into the bios my main boot drive was no where to be found so i could not boot into my main OS. My main OS is on a Samsung 860 EVO SSD and is working 100 percent fine and works like normal and is detected without the M.2 drive installed, but as soon as the M.2 drive gets installed the drive seems to disappear from existence. So due to this the only OS i can get onto with the m.2 installed is the version that is on the m.2 SSD which means i cannot format the drive so that there is no versions of windows on it and since i can get into my own main OS i cannot format it that way as well. my PC is the only thing i have as well that supports a m.2 SSD so its the only way i have to find a way to wipe it.

Any suggest on how to get the drive wiped? or even better just get my Main OS drive detected whenever the M.2 is installed as I've no clue and don't have an extreme knowledge of this sort of thing. thanks

13 minutes ago, AaronH1212 said:

Main OS drive detected

Sounds like a BIOS config issue. What motherboard are you using?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like a BIOS config issue. What motherboard are you using?

Aorus Z390 Pro , the bios detects the drive when the M.2 is took out though and not even windows detects the drive when the M.2 in installed

Just now, AaronH1212 said:

Aorus Z390 Pro

Have you tried switching m.2 connections and/or sata ports with your SSD?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

although their are 2 slots on the motherboard for a m.2 drive only one of which is the correct size , and ive tried re plugging in the sata ports with the SSD but i haven't tried switching them i will try that now.

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Just Tried This and no luck still not being detected

2 hours ago, AaronH1212 said:

Just Tried This and no luck still not being detected

Then there is something in the BIOS settings that needs to be changed, and I odn't have that board to be intimately familiar with the settings.

Fix : slot was disabled when m.2 drive is installed so moved cable to different slot and reset PC now working perfectly