Only 3.44gb ram usable on a 4gb ram laptop with win 10 64bit

Knightdroid250

how to fix this?My laptop is the Nitro 5 ryzen 5 with rx 560x, I just bought this last week and why am I still laging when playing league of legends?I mean I only have 4gb ram but I can play lol on other pc with a core 2 quad and also have only 4gb ram with no lag.(I dont open any tab except lol when playing)

I have the same laptop. Are you certain that the game runs on the RX 560X and not the Vega 8? I've had some issues with the drivers not detecting the load properly. I had to force the OS to use the dGPU instead of iGPU for some games.

It's probably less than 4GB of usable RAM because the iGPU needs some memory for itself as well.

Also, which graphics driver are you using? The latest AMD generic driver or the last one available from Acer that was an OEM driver?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

4GB of ram to play a game and run Windows.. good luck

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

4 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

I have the same laptop. Are you certain that the game runs on the RX 560X and not the Vega 8? I've had some issues with the drivers not detecting the load properly. I had to force the OS to use the dGPU instead of iGPU for some games.

It's probably less than 4GB of usable RAM because the iGPU needs some memory for itself as well.

Also, which graphics driver are you using? The latest AMD generic driver or the last one available from Acer that was an OEM driver?

I installed the driver for the video card on the amd website

Im pretty sure the game ISNT running on the rx 560 and instead on the cpu's own integrated grapichs. You can launch a game with the right grapichs by right clicking the desktop shortcut, go to "run with grapichs proccesor" (rough translation) and then selecting the rx 560 or "HIGH performance AMD" (or something like that)

EDIT: this wont work if it got a launcher, like STEAM, origin or battle.net, but any game within those SHOULD start with the rx560. 

1 minute ago, DankDeuxez said:

Im pretty sure the game ISNT running on the rx 560 and instead on the cpu's own integrated grapichs. You can launch a game with the right grapichs by right clicking the desktop shortcut, go to "run with grapichs proccesor" (rough translation) and then selecting the rx 560 or "HIGH performance AMD" (or something like that)

i'll try that thanks

1 minute ago, Knightdroid250 said:

i'll try that thanks

Note that if this do work. There are other ways of makin sure the game launches with the right grapichs, as this method i mention has its flaws. One of those flaws is that everytime you want to launch the game you have to do it again and again and again, everytime you launch it you have to launch the same way (aka right click and selecting right gpu). 

Just now, DankDeuxez said:

Note that if this do work. There are other ways of makin sure the game launches with the right grapichs, as this method i mention has its flaws. One of those flaws is that everytime you want to launch the game you have to do it again and again and again, everytime you launch it you have to launch the same way (aka right click and selecting right gpu). 

Then what should I do?

8 minutes ago, Knightdroid250 said:

Then what should I do?

you should be able to set the default gpu to use in the amd settings. right click on the desktop and select AMD controlpanel (or anything related to AMD). Just look around and see if you can find anything stating which gpu to use as default. IF it happens to have the rx560 as default, from what i know there arent any fix to it, other than launching it by right clicking it etc.

26 minutes ago, DankDeuxez said:

EDIT: this wont work if it got a launcher, like STEAM, origin or battle.net, but any game within those SHOULD start with the rx560. 

25 minutes ago, Knightdroid250 said:

i'll try that thanks

AMD Switchable Graphics settings don't always work properly, but I know what does (I had that issue myself). Type into the Windows search bar "Graphics Settings" and you'll get a settings window that allows you to browse for a game .exe file and choose whether you want it to run on Power saving or High Performance, with the latter being the dedicated RX 560X.

Interesting thing though - integrated Vega 8 should be perfectly capable of running League of Legends. So you shouldn't be seeing bad performance, maybe not ideal but not bad at 1080p. You need to determine which GPU is being used and what's the load on it. Is it loaded to 98-100%?

EDIT: Also, you can create a custom power plan for gaming that always forces usage of the RX 560X instead of the iGPU, but the drawback is that even desktop and browser content is being rendered by the RX 560X if you do that so it increases power consumption. I'd only use that for gaming.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

31 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

4GB of ram to play a game and run Windows.. good luck

That meets the recommended requirements.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Are you running AntiVirus software?

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

12 hours ago, RoseLuck462 said:

Are you running AntiVirus software?

Only windows defender