Better Gaming Cards

I currently have a FE GEFORCE GTX 1070 but  a friend is selling 2 new in package Radeon 7970. My rig has a ryzen 5 2600. Should I stuck with the 1070, or would I get better performance with dual 79790s?

you would not get better performance with te dual 7970. 

what 7970 is it? might be able to flip em for a nice price if you are lucky. 

they are water cooled 3gb xspc I think. Still sorta new to #pcmasterrace hah

5 minutes ago, mattattack said:

they are water cooled 3gb xspc I think. Still sorta new to #pcmasterrace hah

thats a waterblock, doesnt say what card they were originally. i will assume its reference design. 

just dont bother with them then. some 7970 are collector cards for people doing some overclocking. they are still very good for gaming, as such you could allways try and flip some systems with them. 

The single 1070 will most likely have better performance, and less issue sith microstutter.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms