Cable management Advice

igotsnomoney

So between my horrifying schedule of my university classes, I finally had time to clean up my system.  It runs great, and "relatively" cool, but like many other people I am way to obsessed with the cable management. I spent hours on it already and I still think it could be a little cleaner.

Any thoughts I would gladly appreciate it.

P.S I know the H80i isn't a good cooler, I got it as a gift and it sure looked a hell of a lot cooler then my other option (Stock intel) 

post-7187-0-67245200-1391321517_thumb.jp

post-7187-0-40569800-1391321533_thumb.jp

sexy build

CPUi5 4670K Cooler: ThermalTake Frio MoBo: Asus Maximus VI Hero RamRed Corsair Vengeance Pro 8 Gb 1866Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CUII CaseEnermax Red Ostrog GT Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120 Gb, HDD- 500 GB Seagate PSUSeasonic X660 (80+ Gold Certified)

My advice would to be maybe make the cables a little bit tighter to the gromets

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

-snip-

putting the gpu cables such as the power connectors higher than your sata cables would be nice.. that way they wouldn't be drooping down... you could use any number of ways to do that... from cable ties to tape. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

That's perfectly fine, wish mine was as good :S.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Looks really good to me. (Especially compared to mine. I wish I had a modular PSU.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

i would tie up the wires a bit better over by the drive cages. try and keep them behind the motherboard tray. other that that its pretty good

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

3 things:

-put your hard drive and ssd closer to each other near the top racks so that you don't have cables showing back there.

-put your Motherboard connectors through the upper grommet (where the gpu power goes thru); it will camouflage with the other cables

-just tighten your cables in general (not too tight, but there doesn't need to be much slack

It's a nice looking build with dat sexy sli/cfx  :)

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

A few recommendations:

-Put the SSD and HDD closer together and zip tie all of the sata power connectors behind the motherboard.

-Front panel IO could be routed under the motherboard (USB and Audio, power and reset).  That alone would make it look 3x better

-you are defeating the purpose of the sleeved cable by bunching them together like that

-Zip tie everything to the back of the motherboard that is popping out near the HDD cages

-Route the PCIE connectors parallel to the gpu it powers

But in all honesty, that doesn't look bad besides the front panel connectors  :P

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Looks better then mine right now. 

However your dust collection on the bottom of the case by the HDD trays is bugging me >.< 

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |