no display

Tuanie
** When I turn on the computer to test it. 
  • The 3 case fan runs just fine. 
  • The fan on the heatsink runs just fine. 
  • The graphic card fan / led runs fine 

What may cost the problem 
  • - Ram: I'm only using 1 stick of 8gb of ram. 
  • - Motherboard: I hear no beep 
  • - the graphic card 

For some reason, I can't seem to get the display to work. 
I have try it with a new dell monitor and my TV. Both using HDMI and VAG cables. ( the graphic card only support hdmi and dvi. my dell monitor doesn't have hdmi or VAG port only VDI so i use a converter, still no display ). 

** What I might do. 
I do not have any other graphic card in the house. I'm planning to go buy a cheap graphic card tomorrow to test it to see if its my r9 270x sapphire toxic. If still no display, then is probably my MOBO. Since I do not hear any beep when it starts up. 

My friends thought: 
My friend think its the 1 stick 8GB ram that is costing the problem. I made a thread about that. All of you say that i will still work if I only have 1 stick of 8GB ram. 

I really dont know what else could cost the problem. This is my first build and i'm ready to pull my hair off my head.
I've been at this for the last 3 hours. any other suggestion?

Try clearing the CMOS and connect the display via GPU if you have one

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

The lack of a beep is the mobo not posting. Something is wrong with your system. Do you have the ram all the way in? do you have all the cables properly inserted? Do you have on overclock in your cpu/gpu?

Have you reseted CMOS?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

The lack of a beep is the mobo not posting. Something is wrong with your system. Do you have the ram all the way in? do you have all the cables properly inserted? Do you have on overclock in your cpu/gpu?

I hear no beep. I even plug in my headphone in the back ans still nothing. Ram is all the way in the first slot. All cables are properly inserted. no OC on the cpu and nor the gpu. everything is out of the box

Have you reseted CMOS?

I have not. How do I that? if i can't see the bios display?

I hear no beep. I even plug in my headphone in the back ans still nothing. Ram is all the way in the first slot. All cables are properly inserted. no OC on the cpu and nor the gpu. everything is out of the box

I have not. How do I that? 

Remove the little battery on the motherboard for 30 seconds then put it back in

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I have not. How do I that? if i can't see the bios display?

No beep means no post. So something is wrong with the way you built your system or you have a dead part. 

Take out the GPU, make sure all connections are secure, and use the Motherboard to output video. Also make sure the mobo speaker is in correctly and see if it posts without the GPU in the system

Remove the little battery on the motherboard for 30 seconds then put it back in

So I turned off the power. removed the battery for 30 seconds and still no display. my mobo didnt come with a jumper. Do you think I would maybe it will work if i reset it by using a jumper instead of just taking out the battery? 

No beep means no post. So something is wrong with the way you built your system or you have a dead part. 

my friends and I put everything together correctly . Fans working, heatsink is working, power on the graphic cards, ram all the way in. 

like i said about, my friend feel strongly about the Ram cause i'm only using 1 stick of 8gb. he suggest i get 2 x 4 , but like most of you said that 1 stick of 8gb wont be a problem. 

Take out the GPU, make sure all connections are secure, and use the Motherboard to output video. Also make sure the mobo speaker is in correctly and see if it posts without the GPU in the system

still nothing :(

So I turned off the power. removed the battery for 30 seconds and still no display. my mobo didnt come with a jumper. Do you think I would maybe it will work if i reset it by using a jumper instead of just taking out the battery? 

my friends and I put everything together correctly . Fans working, heatsink is working, power on the graphic cards, ram all the way in. 

like i said about, my friend feel strongly about the Ram cause i'm only using 1 stick of 8gb. he suggest i get 2 x 4 , but like most of you said that 1 stick of 8gb wont be a problem. 

Are there any sort of indicators on the mobo? it seems as if you may need to RMA your mobo, see if you can test the RAM and CPU in any other working computer

Do you have the tiny speaker plugged in to the front panel connectors? 

Do you have the tiny speaker plugged in to the front panel connectors? 

yes the front audio connector is plugged in

Are there any sort of indicators on the mobo? it seems as if you may need to RMA your mobo, see if you can test the RAM and CPU in any other working computer

no other computer in the house :( 

do you guys think mostly the its the mobo/gpu/ or the ram that is costing the problem?

yes the front audio connector is plugged in

no other computer in the house :( 

do you guys think mostly the its the mobo/gpu/ or the ram that is costing the problem?

Not the front audio connector. I am talking about the tiny post speaker in the front panel connectors. 

Not the front audio connector. I am talking about the tiny post speaker in the front panel connectors. 

@Taunie  Plugged in usually  around/near the front i/o connectors

@Taunie  Plugged in usually  around/near the front i/o connectors

oh , I dont think I did. I will try to find it and do it tomorrow. I've been at it since 3 this afternoon. 

I'm gonna take out the battery for the rest of the night and put it back in tomorrow morning see if that will help. 

First time building and -_- blahh wanna kill myself. thanks for the help guys. will update you on the speaker coonectors.