The 4th Generation Intel Core Processors Arrives In 3,337,200,000,000,000 Nanoseconds

virusal19

The official Intel Facebook page uploaded a picture that says "The 4th Generation Intel Core Processors arrives in 3,337,200,000,000,000 nanoseconds" which was uploaded 16 hours ago. 3,337,200,000,000,000 converted is 38.625 days which is 927 hours. 

post-616-0-95851100-1366988911.jpg

"In approximately 3,337,200,000,000,000 nanoseconds, Intel will reveal all there is to know about the highly anticipated 4th generation Intel Core processor family," Intel said in a statement.

That's 4 June in Taiwan, where it will be rolled out at Computex.

Haswell is mostly about better battery life and, to a lesser extent, about improved graphics performance. So expect, for instance, Haswell laptops that last longer — maybe a lot longer if other power-saving technologies are also used — than today's latest and greatest offerings.

intel-haswell-intro_2.jpg

Here's a quad-core Haswell diagram showing a large graphics engine. What Intel describes as "configurations with large graphics and large cache".
(Credit: Intel)

The first Haswell processors out of the chute are expected to be the quad-core variety aimed at high-end laptops. But don't be surprised if more quad-core chips seep into mainstream 13-inch and 14-inch laptops, too, due to Haswell's improved power efficiency.

At the other end of the spectrum will be a new variety of ultra-power-efficient Haswell chips that should allow PC makers — and Apple, if it so chooses — to offer newfangled ultrathin designs with good performance.

And of course, touch will be a big factor because of Windows 8 — with Windows 8.1 to follow in the second half of the year.

But it's not just a Windows world anymore. Intel told CNET that Android laptops are on the way. While many of them will tap Intel's Atom chip, new designs that run Google's Chrome OS — like the Chromebook Pixel — will adopt Haswell.

post-616-0-95851100-1366988911.jpg

Just moments ago, Intel posted a countdown teaser on their social media channels revealing the nanoseconds left (3,337,200,000,000,000) to the launch of Haswell (otherwise known as 4th generation Core), which falls during the annual technology showcase in Taiwan - Computex Taipei 2013.

countdown.jpg.jpeg

According to industry sources, the actual product line launches (Desktop, Mobile, GT3e) will be staggered across the entire week of Computex (3rd-7th June). Actual product availability will as usual, vary between countries and territories but here is some useful advice in case you plan to save up for one of these bunnies:

ddd.png.jpeg

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

time to buy razor blades for my ivy bridge(3570k)  <_<

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Hmm so somebody posted this before me, but not in tech news so I didn't notice it. Sorry about double posting and thanks dave for editing :)

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

yay, time to upgrade my 1055t.

Why din't you upgrade to FX 6300 or FX 8350, anyway Steamroller will be out soon and there are information's that indicate IPC improvements over 25-30% compared to Piledriver. If that is true then Steamroller will single threaded performance on par Ivy Bridge and multi-threaded performance considerably above comparable upcoming Haswell processors.

8 core's > 4 core's + 2 virtual fake core's

Hmm so somebody posted this before me, but not in tech news so I didn't notice it. Sorry about double posting and thanks dave for editing :)

No worries - if i had thought about it sooner, i would've placed the extra bit in your post into the OP, but didn't think that far ahead!

Well this might be i7 4770K box art:

208b.jpg

Well this might be i7 4770K box art:

208b.jpg

Not a huge fan of the box art, but who cares! A box is a box.

39 days from today is June 4th 2013. Mark it!

That's funny, I was thinking of building my sister a computer for her birthday which is the 4th of June :P

Must be a sign. I just need to see how the Intel HD graphics perform.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Even though I can't buy one yet but I kind of can't wait for the Haswell Xeon E5 v3's (if they are going to be v3's), should have a serious amount of 'get out of my way little man' computing grunt.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Why din't you upgrade to FX 6300 or FX 8350, anyway Steamroller will be out soon and there are information's that indicate IPC improvements over 25-30% compared to Piledriver. If that is true then Steamroller will single threaded performance on par Ivy Bridge and multi-threaded performance considerably above comparable upcoming Haswell processors.

8 core's > 4 core's + 2 virtual fake core's

didn't feel the need, and have other money sucking projects going on constantly. but with that information on steamroller, I'll have to wait and see. or I may just wait for ddr4.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Fantastic. Now I want to see what the motherboard manufacturers have in stock for us, especially ASUS. Can't wait to plan out my summer build with the new stuff!

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

If only it was on june 15 which is my birthday. But hey earlier is better

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Can't wait! Planning to get this for my future build and waiting to see what features motherboard companies will offer with this cpu! 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

THIS MADE MY DAY! gotta start saving up from now if i'm gonna buy one of these bad boys. Hopefully they actually make a huge performance difference other than the integrated graphics but like Linus and Slick said i don't think they will, maybe the new chipset will be cool? lol

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

A box is a box.

What matters is the little beast within:)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Hopefully they actually make a huge performance difference other than the integrated graphics

Apparantly it'll have around the same performance increase as Ivy Bridge did over Sandy Bridge.

What matters is the little beast within:)

Indeed. >: D *Evil Voice* 

And here I am , thinking ' get my ivy bridge build ' and move on with life. With only a little over a month , I'll wait. Hopefully its worth it.

And here I am , thinking ' get my ivy bridge build ' and move on with life. With only a little over a month , I'll wait. Hopefully its worth it.

Intel Ivy Bridge is still a very good arcitecture, in my build that I've just got up and running has a Sandy Bridge Core i3 and I'm very happy with it but I will be getting a Core i7-2600K in the distant future.

Haswell is going to be good but the older gen's are still good also.

Intel Ivy Bridge is still a very good arcitecture, in my build that I've just got up and running has a Sandy Bridge Core i3 and I'm very happy with it but I will be getting a Core i7-2600K in the distant future.

Haswell is going to be good but the older gen's are still good also.

Yeah , im currently using the LGA775 processors so ivy will be a BIG leap for me. But since haswell only like 30-40 days away from launch , might as well wait for it and see hows the performance .