PC get stuck on boot logo screen (sometimes)

Crunken

Title explains most of my problem, but what happens is when i start it after shutdown, it gets stuck on the Asus logo splash screen right when it boots. The loading circle or the option to go into the bios isn't there. So i press the reset button on my case and everything is fine. I built the PC a little over 2 weeks ago with all brand new parts, no other issues than the weird boot. I have fast boot enabled and nothing is overclocked except ram is on default XMP profile of 3200mhz

Operating system is windows 10 home 64 bit and specs are:

CPUIntel® Core™ i7-9700K

RAMCorsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 16GB

GPUGigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING OC

SSDCorsair MP510 480gb NVMe & Samsung 850 EVO  250GB 

HDDWD Desktop Blue 1TB 

MotherboardAsus ROG Z390-F 1151

Have you tried updating your bios and/or reinstalling windows ?

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

17 minutes ago, Tamesh16 said:

Not really sure how to update bios? but i checked and i don't have the latest version but didn't try windows, completely fresh install and i know there can still be issues but i'd rather reboot sometimes than having to fix all my programs again xd 

Edit: i also think (not sure though) that it isn't a windows issue since it doesn't even get to the windows login, but i could be wrong

Update your Bios to the newest available version, then disable Fast Boot. The difference between Fast Boot on and off is negligible, and FB has a few issues associated with it including sometimes not being able to get into bios or windows after a cold boot.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Update your Bios to the newest available version, then disable Fast Boot. The difference between Fast Boot on and off is negligible, and FB has a few issues associated with it including sometimes not being able to get into bios or windows after a cold boot.

ah ok i'll try that thanks, could you link something on how to update bios? i googled a bit but not really sure what the correct way is

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, Tamesh16 said:

17 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Updated bios to latest version, from 0903 to 1105 and still the same issue, just disabled fast boot and the splash screen to see if it changes anything. Anything else i should try?

Re-seat your CPU and Ram, run memtest to see if the ram is bad. Try it without the X.M.P profile enabled.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

On 8/30/2019 at 5:27 PM, SpookyCitrus said:

Re-seat your CPU and Ram, run memtest to see if the ram is bad. Try it without the X.M.P profile enabled.

Is it even worth re-seating the CPU? i'd have to remove the cooler and get new thermal paste, i think it wouldn't boot at all if there was some problem with that or the ram, but i'll try memtest and without XMP. If disabling XMP works, do i need to replace the ram?

Anything else i should try? it's still been happening even after trying the stuff

On 9/7/2019 at 3:19 AM, Crunken said:

Anything else i should try? it's still been happening even after trying the stuff

Did you try reseating the CPU it could be a pin contact issue. It happens pretty often, the computer will still work but if a pin isn't making good enough contact you can see crashes, memory issues, all types of problems. Same thing happens if there is dust or even thermal paste in the socket.

8 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Did you try reseating the CPU it could be a pin contact issue. It happens pretty often, the computer will still work but if a pin isn't making good enough contact you can see crashes, memory issues, all types of problems. Same thing happens if there is dust or even thermal paste in the socket.

Been kinda keeping it as a last resort since it's so annoying doing it, nothing else i can do before?

• 4 weeks later...

Update: i tried reseating GPU, ram and booting without GPU or any other usb devices. When it boots normally the system is fine and performs as expected without any issues and cpu, gpu and ram is the speed it should be at. The only thing i haven't done is reinstalling windows which i've been putting off since it's quite the hassle, but if nothing else works i'll do that in a month or two

Any other things i should try? Thanks

• 2 years later...

Hey Crunken, I just started experiencing the exact same issue as you. Did u find a way to resolve it or are you still dealing with the issue?