Will my PSU be enough

mattel

I'm the process of changing some components, notably moving from a GTX 1050 2GB to a RX 5700 and i was worrying that my (old) psu won't be enough anymore

• Motherboard : AB350M-HDV
  • CPU : Ryzen 3 YD1200
  • RAM : Crucial Ballistix Sport LT ( 2x 8gb)
  • PSU: Antec HCG 520 EC

Considering the current upgrade and future ones, should i change it?

(This is the PSU)
Risultati immagini per antec 520w

That is plenty of power for your system. I would highly recommend getting something that is more energy efficient. (Bronze, Gold, Platinum...). 80+ Certified. This is to protect your parts for future upgrades. Also your electric bill! lol

probably 12II from Seasonic because its antec so im gonna just geuss that.

It's not great, but it'll work fine.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Antec, old and 520W sounds an aweful lot like an S12 II variant. I recommend replacing it. If you want recommendations, we'll have to know where you're buying from

:)

As others have said, it will be more than enough power. I certainly agree with Kdawwg too though. It would be well worth upgrading the PSU soon to a more efficient one. If you can get a modular, it can make a world of difference in cooling, depending on what type of case you have.

Asus Prime X570-Pro, Ryzen 3800x (OC WIP), 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 3600, GTX 1080 (New card inc), Corsair H100i Pro RGB, Cooler Master H500P Mesh White Case

2 minutes ago, Wyndrunner2002 said:

If you can get a modular, it can make a world of difference in cooling, depending on what type of case you have.

Nah, couple of PSU cables won't make a difference for temperatures.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Thank you all for the answers, i'll upgrade in the near future but not immediatly

I hadn't seen that video yet, that's pretty funny. I would never have expected those results. I had Micro ATX build I was working on a long time ago that I remember having good results from managing the cables in relation to thermals. Cases have come a long way since then though, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's no longer an issue though, based on this video. Thanks for sharing it :D

Asus Prime X570-Pro, Ryzen 3800x (OC WIP), 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 3600, GTX 1080 (New card inc), Corsair H100i Pro RGB, Cooler Master H500P Mesh White Case